The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Aerial A5D was presented....

modator

Hello,
I forward the latest news from Hasselblad...

A new product was born for better aerial photography...

On the Hasselblad web says:
"Today’s aerial photography is more demanding than ever and Hasselblad continues to rise to the occasion, introducing more and more advanced products and applications for this exciting segment. This is especially true of the Hasselblad A5D, the latest evolution of Hasselblad aerial cameras designed for these special applications.

The new camera has been developed to deliver the image quality and reliability required by our surveying and mapping customers. Listening to their feedback we have developed a camera to encompass these needs and much more."

see at:
A5D Aerial - Hasselblad

On the web there are also some image and brochures to start looking to.

INTERESTING TO ME:
On the A5D Brochure they state is arriving a Phocus developer kit software enabling some new feature maybe also for others....(for PC only at the moment)

IR Photography:
Near Infra - Red Photography: The A5D camera is available with or without Infra-Red filter to allow infra-red captures from 750nm to 1000nm to serve the special needs of aerial analysis, such as enviroment surveying and crop management.

Best regards, Domenico.

tcdeveau

The IR part is interesting. I wonder why they don't offer this on the standard H5D-series to give a WS option.

BlinkingEye

"No moving parts." >>>>> See it can be done. When will the mirrorless rangefinder form factor camera be introduced?

BlinkingEye

Why does this announcement prove that?

Phase One introduced the iXU 50 more than a year ago.
Yep, I forgot about that camera. The IXU proves my point too. No mirror box with the digital signal being "read" at some remote location. Just make that remote location a little closer to the sensor and lens like a Fuji X100T or an Oly 4/3 camera then Hasselblad or P1 can have a form factor a la Mamiya 7.