The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Credo 60

tjv

I have emailed my preferred dealer for info, but thought I'd also check here.

I had the pleasure of briefly trying out a friends Credo 60 on the same technical camera setup as mine. Was very impressed with the workflow and general layout of the back. Some things irked me – like no "hard" buttons" and a, shall I say quirky menu system – but that is usual business for any product, no matter the cost these days... Certainly, it was better than the Hasselblad interface.

Anyway, what is the going rate for a used, low milage Credo 60 on the private second hand market these days? I don't mind if it's Hasselblad or Mamiya mount – I like the H5X body and I see the new XF doesn't support the Credo line, which seems very, very odd, even if it is to be supported via a firmware update soon. Surely since they are under the same ownership they could have coordinated that one?

Thanks,

TJV

yaya

1. I am (totally and utterly) biased and I think the Credo's menu system is the best on any current camera :)
2. The IQ1 and the Credo will both be supported on the XF once they get the planned firmware update.

Best

Yair

tjv

To be clear, I think it's certainly better than the Hasselblad menu system, but it's mainly the touch buttons that irritated me. I had cold hands and they didn't seem that responsive, especially the zoom in and out tap and slide action. If I rubbed my hands and warmed them slightly, it worked better. I very much liked the double tap zoom in and easy to read histogram. Anyway, depending on the price of a low milage used unit, I think I'm already convinced on the Credo. Just got to clear some debt over the next couple of months and I think I'll be ready to go.

jagsiva

If you are planning on using on a tech camera, I find the focus mask tool on the IQ series to be invaluable. This is not available on the Credo line, something you may want to consider.

f8orbust

Anyway, what is the going rate for a used, low milage Credo 60 on the private second hand market these days?
The price a dealer will charge vs. a private seller is like chalk and cheese when it comes to the newer digital backs - IQ/Credo series onwards - they diverge less on the older models (P/P+/Aptus etc.)

By way of comparison, the last couple of IQ180s I’ve seen sell (from reputable sellers) have gone around the ~$15k (both including VAW IIRC). There’s one over on LuLa now for ~$15k (but the mount change option of the VAW has been used). With the release of the IQ3s you might expect to see a few more for sale (depends on what P1 are asking to 'crossgrade').

Some quick math based on MP (as P1 uses to calculate their upgrade discount!) should give you an idea of the magic number:

IQ180 = $15k used, private sale.
IQ160 = (60/80) x $15k = $11.25k

You should reasonably expect to pay a bit less for a Credo 60 since, whilst being the same vintage as the IQ160, it was released through P1s ‘value’ line.

So, I would say privately - for a nice example - you’d be looking to pay around $10k.

(I'm sure anyone with one to sell will think that's low, but remember it’s a buyers market for this gear, and has been for a while. Just look through GetDPI and LuLa and see the stuff that's still for sale and the time it's taking to shift).

tjv

Thanks for the answers above. Much appreicated. I haven't heard back from CI yet re. used dealer prices, but this gives me some indication. Unless I'm buying from a very well known and respected seller, I'd prefer to buy from a dealer in order to guarantee after sales support. I'm price conscious, but because I live so far away from anything I need to know someone will respond to my questions if any problems arise promptly.
I'd certainly consider an IQ160 at the right price, and to be honest, also jump at an H4/5D-60.
I'm looking forwrd to scanning the comparison images I shot using my Imacon 949 to compare to the Credo 60 captures. Should be interesting.

danlindberg

tjv, just to say that I have used the Credo 60 for quite some time now and I am still amazed on results when I print large. Very happy!

tjv

Never heard back from Capture Integration, but just finalised a deal on a low milage Credo 60 in V mount. Really looking forward to receiving it in the coming weeks and being able to contribute knowledge of digital capture to the forum.

f8orbust

Anyway, what is the going rate for a used, low milage Credo 60 on the private second hand market these days?
Looks like you're in the best position now to answer this question - and in so doing, help out anyone else in a similar position.

So ... how much did you pay and did you go private or dealer ?

tjv

Sure, I paid a little bit more than your stated private sale value for a IQ160. I bought from a person known to and trusted by me and locally – I live in New Zealand, where this kind of gear holds a lot more value. Regardless, I believe I found a fair deal considering the low use of the back and being able to do the transaction locally. The back is in V mount, but I will use it almost exclusively on my Techno.

Steve Hendrix

Great to hear Tim. Glad that our mutual friend was able to find a quality buyer like yourself.

Sorry your email got lost in the shuffle. With all the extra activity of the past few weeks, the volume is many times normal, and I'm certain it was an accident. In the future, if one sends an email submission via captureintegration.com or digitalback.com, you might also send me (or any of our sales managers) a direct email. 98% of the time, I'm going to respond that day, if not within minutes.

Steve Hendrix - SM, based in Atlanta office
[email protected]

Dave Gallagher - Owner, based in Atlanta office
[email protected]

Dave McRitchie - SM, based in New England office
[email protected]

Chris Snipes - SM, based in Miami office
[email protected]

Thanks for letting me know - I know that you will enjoy your Credo 60.

tjv

Hi Steve, yes I'm very excited to put the back to the test!
Thanks for reaching out re. the lost email. I figured it might have had something to do with the web based contact forms. Every other time I've contacted CI I've received very promt replies, so thought either it was a web form problem or you guys were swamped with the new Phase product release.
Either way, thanks for getting in touch.