The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645Z now synchroed

kdphotography

I saw the Priolite lighting solution. And it's not just a Pentax thing. Nice to see them expanding---having options is a good thing.

ken

Uaiomex

Right, it's not only for the 645Z but I think it is the first HSS made to work with.
Its most marked disadvantage against systems with LS lenses.
For the price of one modern LS lens one can buy a whole HSS studio setup!

Eduardo

I saw the Priolite lighting solution. And it's not just a Pentax thing. Nice to see them expanding---having options is a good thing.

ken

jerome_m

I have a priolite monolight, the model before the high speed sync (that model is more adapted to my needs). It is quite heavy and needs a sturdy light stand. There is another model where the head and generator are separated, which is probably a better choice. Another warning: the batteries are different between the 500J and 1000J models.

As to the high speed sync, it will not really replace a central shutter. By necessity, the light will be reduced when using higher shutter speeds. It works as follows. Suppose your sync speed is 1/125s. If you use 1/250s, you'll get half the light. If you use 1/500s, you'll get a quarter of the light, etc...