The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gregory Heisler talks cameras and lenses.

fmueller

Yesterday I had the chance to watch a B&H "panel discussion" about the new Canon 5Ds and 5Dsr. I have some canon t/s lenses and am trying to make some decisions about their future with me. I have also been looking at the A7rii as a high resolution complement to my MF gear.

It was most interesting because it was mostly Gregory Heisler (of portraiture fame) doing all the talking and his discussion on lenses, resolution, MFDB's and large format cameras and the Canon cameras of course was noteworthy which is why I am passing it along here. It really is worth a watch.

Canon EOS 5DSR Live Panel

Of note was his selection of a lower megapixel MFDB (Aptus 54s) over higher resolution backs available at the time because he just liked the rendering more than what he was finding on all the other backs he tested.

Fred

jerome_m

Of note was his selection of a lower megapixel MFDB (Aptus 54s) over higher resolution backs available at the time because he just liked the rendering more than what he was finding on all the other backs he tested.

That seems to be the real answer: try a few different cameras and take the one giving you the rendering you like.