The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shutter release cable for technical camera

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I pretty much exclusively used the Ebony releases too until about a year ago. I only transitioned to the Nikon AR3's for a few reasons - smoothness (Nikons seem a little less ratchety & dry), cost (< 50% replacement cost), and finally I got tired of having to put a dab of glue on the top ring of the Ebony releases which have a habit of unscrewing. I would definitely agree about the general feel and quality though - they are made from more durable materials vs plastic but that's also reflected in the price.

weinlamm

I use different cable; one on each lens. Most are from Hama - bought via ebay for small money. Never had a problem with all of them (and I don't use them only for TC). But I'm only working with models they don't have a mechanism for bulb/fix it - I had one which has it - this has broken, too. :(
The Originals from Cambo are still working, too, here.