The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

canon 11-24L with Hasselblad CFV-50c digital back test

chiek

studio test (youtube video)

outstanding center ~ edge image quality, I think it's the perfect for outdoor landscape photographer.

I will test landscapes shot this week.
59b135c0461b0aeb2a31a420cf4e40c2_large.jpg
32478db4d496c2cae49976757e0ef30f_large.jpg
bcb75ae232d852818d5c76b92368f4cc_large.jpg
ebc8a08650275fc8f66a707c39ec33b9_large.jpg
090554ba3f549b466c6b38898c4cef7b_large.jpg

gazwas

So without the built in lens hood this would give coverage at 11mm!

That is one amazing lens from Canon.....

gerald.d

I very much doubt it. In fact I'd put good money on it not getting even close to covering a 44x33 sensor at 11mm.

I rather suspect it will be just like the Nikon 12-24, where the lens hood is designed to physically vignette at the limits of the image circle (I had one of these shaved to test it).

Kind regards,

Gerald.

chiek

What adapter are you using for the lens and does it allow for shift? Or rise fall?

Thanks
Paul
Very cheap chinese adapter modified to infinity focus.
But it has no shift functions, only use for canon 17, 24tse lenses.

Even if it can't do 11mm, it's still an impressive hunk of glass. It's a shame they went to automatic apertures for the EF mount, though.

I wonder if the Zeiss 15mm has enough coverage for 33x44. A ZF would at least give you an aperture ring.

Stefan Steib

Fresh from typing - just measured - done with the HCam master TS V2 and the fully modified Canon 11-24 (Shade off and back lens cover removed)
I thought this will help here also, The shift Adapter does take a little bit of movements additionally (due to the fact that the vertical hole is about 3mm larger than the horizontal opening), so this should be - at least- the image circle on Chieks camera also (with a modified lens - see my thread)

Attachments

Last edited:

gerald.d

Does it have the image circle enough for 44x33???

Can it shift?
Based on Stefan's chart above, the below details the implied image circle(s) of the lens at different focal lengths:

(44x33 requires a minimum of 55mm image circle, 53.7x40.4 requires a minimum of 67.2mm)

Kind regards,

Gerald.

/edit

I think it's important to stress that the movements Stefan is mentioning cannot be combined - i.e. for landscape orientation, you will NOT be able to shift both 4mm up and 3mm left at the same time, and expect to not hit the limits of the image circle.

gerald.d

Following on from the above, I wonder if Stefan could explain the following -

Why are the landscape vertical shifts and portrait horizontal shifts different?

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Turning the camera through 90 degrees cannot possibly change the image circle of the lens!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

malmac

Very cheap chinese adapter modified to infinity focus.
But it has no shift functions, only use for canon 17, 24tse lenses.
Hi Chiek

Can this "Dmini" shutter/tech camera be purchased to connect an IQ180 back to suitable Canon lenses?

I realise that only a few of the Canon lenses have an image circle large enough to cover the 180 sensor but if the price was right it would provide another option.

Thanks

Mal

chiek

I realise that only a few of the Canon lenses have an image circle large enough to cover the 180 sensor but if the price was right it would provide another option.
Actually, Some 35mm format shift lenses are medium format lens.
not only covered medium format sensor size, but also corner sharpness are good.
Try 17/24TS lens to this camera. You will surprise TS lens image quality.
It is comparable or better than germany optics.

Phaseone backs needs mini sync cable

but you need 2shots. one is wake-up and another is real shot.

If you hate this, You can try Kapture-group one shot cable release.

by the way, IQ180 has Dalsa? Dalsa needs no wake-up. only connect sync cable like my CFV-50c.

malmac

Actually, Some 35mm format shift lenses are medium format lens.
not only covered medium format sensor size, but also corner sharpness are good.
Try 17/24TS lens to this camera. You will surprise TS lens image quality.
It is comparable or better than germany optics.

Phaseone backs needs mini sync cable

but you need 2shots. one is wake-up and another is real shot.

If you hate this, You can try Kapture-group one shot cable release.

by the way, IQ180 has Dalsa? Dalsa needs no wake-up. only connect sync cable like my CFV-50c.
Chiek

Do you know a supplier for the Dmini body with shutter which goes between the Canon lens and the IQ180?

I have both the 11-24 lens you tested and also the 24mmT/S - so really a cable and a Dmini and I could be set up?

Mal

kimyeesan

Based on Stefan's chart above, the below details the implied image circle(s) of the lens at different focal lengths:

(44x33 requires a minimum of 55mm image circle, 53.7x40.4 requires a minimum of 67.2mm)

Kind regards,

Gerald.

/edit

I think it's important to stress that the movements Stefan is mentioning cannot be combined - i.e. for landscape orientation, you will NOT be able to shift both 4mm up and 3mm left at the same time, and expect to not hit the limits of the image circle.
Great, thanks! still wondering what is the IQ level on the edge....