The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shutter Lock Up on Mamiya AFD III with Film backs

justin989

So I have been using my afdIII with the film backs from my old AFD II as they are compatible. However, after I go through a roll of 120, take it out and pop in another roll and advance to the first frame, the shutter doesn't actuate! I can still autofocus but no matter how many times I press the shutter button, it won't fire. This has happened to me everytime....the only way I can actuate the shutter again is when I put my digital back on and fire off some shots, then it appears to go back to normal working condition

Has anyone had a similar experience? Im not sure if this is a firmware bug, I checked and the firmware is version 1.1

WTF!!

regards,

-j

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not sure, but check to make sure the battery in the film back is good. Other possibility is the dark slide release pin may be sticking?