The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Applying LCC to files from CFV-50c

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I need help!
I've never used Phocus before, only photoshop and Capture 1.
I've just acquired the CFV-50c and don't know how to apply LCC to the CFV-50c files.
If some one can help giving me step-by-step (very simple) guidance how to do it, I will really appreciate.

Thank you in advance.
Pramote

Udo

Pramote,

- after importing your 3FR files into Phocus (now they are FFF files) open the LCC shot
- open the Scene Calibration card under the "Adjust" menu and activate this function (tick the little square on right hand side)
- click the "Create" button in this Scene Calibration card, give it a proper name in the prompted mask and confirm by clicking create
- now open the capture (FFF file) which needs to be corrected
- go back to the scene calibration card and tick the little triangle on the right hand side
- now a list/table opens and shows all your self generated calibration file(s)
- choose the proper one by clicking on it
- back in the scene calibration card you have the choice to a) remove cast and/or b) equalize intensity by ticking the little square

That's it.

Good luck and kind regards,
Udo

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Udo & Frans...Thank you so very much!!! It's much more simple than I thought. I really appreciate it.
Do you also use "Equalize intensity"?

Best regards,
Pramote

Udo

Udo & Frans...Thank you so very much!!! It's much more simple than I thought. I really appreciate it.
Do you also use "Equalize intensity"?

Best regards,
Pramote
You're welcome.

Depends on the lens and back being used. I use it for e.g. the Rodenstock 28 on the CFV-50 (CCD back).

Regards,
Udo

Miller

Pramote,

I have never used LCC corrections. I have researched the possibilities of a tech cam, but opted for an HTS instead. Phocus does a very nice job on the files shot with the HTS.