The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H5D-50 magenta cast problem

ryenax

I have a 7 month old Hasselblad H5D-50 (ccd version) camera/back that I also shoot on a Cambo WRS tech camera. I have never had a problem with the back up until earlier this week when the back started showing a magenta cast gradating from the left side of the image. This is NOT due to the tech camera movements as it also appears when shot on the H5D body. It also happens at all shutter speeds, apertures and ISO settings.

I am using the current firmware on the back (2.5.4R) and have also tried it with the legacy firmware - same problem exists.

This same problem happened to me last year with a rental H5D-50

I have put calls and emails into Hasselblad tech support but have not heard anything back yet.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it?

thanks, ryan

image sample here:
H5D-50_test_0001.jpgH5D-50_test_0001_close.jpg

Anna Engel

Bad news for you. Fortunately your camera is still on warranty. You have to contact your dealer and your camera has to go back to Sweden, because the sensor must be replaced. I had exactly the same problem, and I had to wait almost two months to get it back, because it was end of July (like now) - holidays. Sorry for you.

ryenax

Bad news for you. Fortunately your camera is still on warranty. You have to contact your dealer and your camera has to go back to Sweden, because the sensor must be replaced. I had exactly the same problem, and I had to wait almost two months to get it back, because it was end of July (like now) - holidays. Sorry for you.
Thanks Anna. I am sending the camera back to Hasselblad today for a warranty repair. It sounds like it needs to go to Sweden. They are sending me a loaner in the meantime.