The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Schneider 35mm 3.5 LS

aztwang

Is there any filter system Lee, e.t.c. that will work with the new Schneider 35mm 3.5 LS 105mm filter thread lens at this time?

Thanks

Don

Don Libby

Don, I've been using the Cokin xPro on my 40-80 which also has a 105mm filter. Works very good.

We can get together if you're still in the Sedona area and you can see/try the Cokin.

Don

Running up to the So Rim tomorrow but will be back in Sedona later. We're staying the BW Inn of Sedona by the airport.

RodK

Rod, You still teaching @ SCC?
Sorry. No. Large format interest just dwindled until the class did not make any more. The rule is
minimum of 15 to go.
But on the other hand, my work with Arca-Swiss keeps me very busy. I just went to China to teach
our Chinese dealers. Lots of fun.
They are great.
And I am doing one-on-one's with customers in both Tech cameras and LF.

Be well,
Rod

aztwang

Don, I've been using the Cokin xPro on my 40-80 which also has a 105mm filter. Works very good.

We can get together if you're still in the Sedona area and you can see/try the Cokin.

Don

Running up to the So Rim tomorrow but will be back in Sedona later. We're staying the BW Inn of Sedona by the airport.
Never made it up there as the 35 is at Photoshop world. Any issues vignetting @ 40? I know its only 5mm...wonder if it will vignette @35mm

Ciao

Don

Don Libby

Never made it up there as the 35 is at Photoshop world. Any issues vignetting @ 40? I know its only 5mm...wonder if it will vignette @35mm

Ciao

Don
I've been using the Cokin Xpro on the 40-80 for several weeks now with no problems or concerns at all the focal lengths esp the 40.

Dan Santoso

My new 35mm is coming soon. Can someone tell me if Lee SW150 system or LEE Filters 105mm Front Holder Ring will enable me to use big stopper or ND filter? My local store only sell hitech and lee system. no Cokin.

Haven't shoot landscape lately so I don't know about news update.

Also any filter advice to use with phase one 28mm?

Thanks,
Dan

trond

Dear Dan,

I have the new SK35LS and the LEE system.

The SW150 does not fit the new SK35LS.

The LEE 105mm adapter ring fits the SK35LS but vignettes wide open.

As far as I can tell, we are out of luck here until LEE makes a version of the SW150 adapted to the new SK35LS.

Best regards

Trond

Dan Santoso

Dear Trond,

Thanks for the info. Do you have SW150 Mark II holder? I am shooting above F11, will it be useable?

-Dan

Dear Dan,

I have the new SK35LS and the LEE system.

The SW150 does not fit the new SK35LS.

The LEE 105mm adapter ring fits the SK35LS but vignettes wide open.

As far as I can tell, we are out of luck here until LEE makes a version of the SW150 adapted to the new SK35LS.

Best regards

Trond

trond

Dear Dan,

I do not own the SW150 anymore, I sold it when I parted with my SK28LS.

I can re-check tomorrow with the LEE 105mm ring with the SK35LS shot at f 11.

I will let you know of my findings.

Best regards

Trond

Paul2660

Anything currently from Lee in the 105mm size will cut into your shot on a wide like the SK35.

A few other options are the new filter holder from Linholf studio that has its own 105mm ring designed not to vignette. You can use your 150 x150 Lee filters in their holder.

Or you can move to the Cokin x-pro system. They also have 105mm ring that will not interfere with the SK35. But you can't use the Lee filters as they will be too wide.

Don Libby has reported good success with the Cokin setup.

I am waiting on the Linholf 105mm ring to get back in stock.

Paul

MILESF

Anything currently from Lee in the 105mm size will cut into your shot on a wide like the SK35.

A few other options are the new filter holder from Linholf studio that has its own 105mm ring designed not to vignette. You can use your 150 x150 Lee filters in their holder.

Or you can move to the Cokin x-pro system. They also have 105mm ring that will not interfere with the SK35. But you can't use the Lee filters as they will be too wide.

Don Libby has reported good success with the Cokin setup.

I am waiting on the Linholf 105mm ring to get back in stock.

Paul
I've got the Linhof XXL system and tried it with a loaned 35LS as my own is still on back order. It works really well, there is no vignetting even with the two slots that come as standard. It needs the SW150 filters from LEE but they have expanded the range available recently.

Dan Santoso

my local dealer and singapore cokin dealer does not have cokin x-pro only z-pro.

I am out of luck because my trip is in 12th. I guess i will use filter only for my 55mm LS.

Only thing i can purchase now is the 105m Lee