The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rodie Apo-Grandagon 45/4.5 for Arcbody

danlindberg

I'm wondering if anybody knows if this lens has the standard mount for V Hasselblad?

The Hasselblad Arcbody was in the V line of cameras, but the Arcbody only mounted the special made Rodenstocks and not the standard V lenses. Is this because a different mount or body/lens limitations.

Reason for asking is that I can pick up a brandnew Apo-Grandagon 45/4.5 for the Arcbody - for a steal - and my thinking was to use it with my Alpa FPS + V-lensplate and the forgiving big pixel back Aptus 5 II! (and ofcourse see if it is up for the Credo 60 as well...)
But I worry that if it is 'special' mount it will just become a paperweight!

Thanks!

Shashin

Dan, it is not a V-mount lens. The arc body was a totally new camera. The flange distance is much shorter than the V because there is no mirror box in the camera. It was the Flex body that could take V-mount lenses. However, you might be able to remount the lens--it does have its own shutter and basically the same Rodenstock lens sold for other cameras.

danlindberg

Thanks a lot Will!! I was hoping it was the same mount and only that the lens protruded, but then it is a no go.

Not worth a remount, so I'll just let it pass.

Thanks!

From the photos I've seen, the Arc lenses also have Hasselblad's proprietary lens front mount, which is always fun.

The 45's a great lens, but I'm betting the 55 would make the Credo 60 happier. The exit pupil's a bit farther away, so the color cast isn't as strong when shifting, and it's a got a larger IC in which that big sensor can move around.