The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

17 TS-E and PhaseOne recommendations

Egor

I have PhaseOne IQ250 and Leaf Credo80
I have Mamiya DF+ camera bodies and a Cambo 23D tech camera

I also have Canon dslr gear including a 17mm TS-E lens and have heard I can use it for medium format.

My question is this: "how do I use the 17 mm TS your lens with my medium format digital backs? I am looking for advice on what is needed to use with either my tech camera or my DF+ .
what is needed to use with either my tech camera or my DF+ cameras?
Very curious ��

Please forgive grammar and repeats...My first post using SIRI :)

Last edited:

Egor

You need a "shutter unit" between the Canon Lens and the back:

HCam (Hartblei Cam)
Alpa FPS (https://www.alpa.ch/de/article/alpa-12-fps

Arca-Swiss has a shutter module for their system but I have no idea if you can buy it - maybe it's still not ready for shipping. (Still no website but some information is here: Arca Swiss dEx, FP, CS, DM, Universalis - DT Blog )

Chris
Looks like the HCam is perfect for this function! Thanks, Chris.
Looks like about $6K USD for a very versatile pancake camera that can use any back or lens I have...vs about $12K for a 23HR .....hmmmm (wallet vault in danger...;)

alpenblick

How can I adapt my Canon lenses to an H5D-50C?
Cerett, you can't do with the H5D body. Just check focal flange distances/registering distances. The Canon EF is 44 mm short but the Hasselblad H is 61.63 mm. So you have to recess the lens mount by 17.63 mm (goodbye mirror) but even then you end without a shutter as this is built in to the Hasselblad H lenses...

alpenblick

pls check this, Its price is 1/4 of ALPA FPS.
Chiek, you have a nice product. Be proud of it. So why do you have to shoot always against or relate to ALPA? Is there an electronically controlled focal plane shutter up to 1/4000 sec in your camera (ALPA FPS and Hartblei) or an adapter mount system allowing the use of Canon, some Nikon, Hasselblad V and for H, Contax and Rollei lenses (ALPA FPS) announced? Once I even got eBay notifications with your camera under the keyword ALPA...

engardeknave

Not Available
I have been dreaming about putting my 17mm TSE on my DM22 somehow. (I think the DM22 is the same as the Aptus II 22, just rebranded for Mamiya.)

Is there a way, Chiek?

chiek

Chiek, you have a nice product. Be proud of it. So why do you have to shoot always against or relate to ALPA? Is there an electronically controlled focal plane shutter up to 1/4000 sec in your camera (ALPA FPS and Hartblei) or an adapter mount system allowing the use of Canon, some Nikon, Hasselblad V and for H, Contax and Rollei lenses (ALPA FPS) announced? Once I even got eBay notifications with your camera under the keyword ALPA...
I like ALPA TC/STC because it's portable. but Hcam or FPS can not handheld system.
It must needs tripod. I hate it.

I want to use Canon wide lens / MFDigital back system, with Handheld portable.
Of course, mine limits the fastest shutter speed, 1/125sec. but It's no problem for me because of using wide-angle lens like 17,24, 11-24 etc.

I have been dreaming about putting my 17mm TSE on my DM22 somehow. (I think the DM22 is the same as the Aptus II 22, just rebranded for Mamiya.)

Is there a way, Chiek?
I'm sorry for late reply. I was very busy on my job, commercial still-life photographer.

Sure, engardeknave. my concepts can change back mounts (FOTOMAN Dmini).
Just unscrew 4 bolts and replace other back mounts. but Hsystem can't. Only V, Mamiya, Contax.