The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya manuel shift lens on the Pentax 645Z

Michiel Schierbeek

Ren into this very old thread googling for this lens and guess what: Guy touched and tested it already a long time ago for me. ;)
In the lens and accessory reviews thread, but I thought it might interest some here.

I just found one, converted to a Hasselblad mount and I am going to use it with an adapter on my Pentax 645Z.
Looking forward to this.

H3dtogo

Great news, i also have some mamiya lenses i really like, aswell as some Pentacon six and Kiev lenses. I ordered an adapter for Pentacon six lenses yesterday on ebay. Looking forward to test some lenses as soon as the adapter arrives. I used the 300 and 500mm P6 lenses on my Contax 645 years ago and was not disapointed by the results. Michiel , congrats with your Pentax 645z, i am sure you will make great images with it.

Michiel Schierbeek

Great news, i also have some mamiya lenses i really like, aswell as some Pentacon six and Kiev lenses. I ordered an adapter for Pentacon six lenses yesterday on ebay. Looking forward to test some lenses as soon as the adapter arrives. I used the 300 and 500mm P6 lenses on my Contax 645 years ago and was not disapointed by the results. Michiel , congrats with your Pentax 645z, i am sure you will make great images with it.
Thank you! I have a Pentacon six adapter from DVD Technik but some time ago I sold my Pentacon six lenses. It would be nice if you can post some results with these lenses especially the 50,80 and 120. I had the 180 Sonnar but that is ridiculously heavy. The 80 Biometar could be nice for portraits.

Sadly there is no regular adapter for Mamiya lenses for the Pentax.

synn

As far as I know, the Pentax 645 mount has a longer flange length than the Mamiya 645, which means straight adaptation of the latter's lenses with infinity focus is not possible. I have seen the 50mm shift on ebay with the Hasselblad mount as the one you fount, I guess these will do infinitys focus on the Pentax with an adapter.

Another option would be to use Pentax 67 lenses with a Mirex adapter or something that has a shift feature.

Michiel Schierbeek

As far as I know, the Pentax 645 mount has a longer flange length than the Mamiya 645, which means straight adaptation of the latter's lenses with infinity focus is not possible. I have seen the 50mm shift on ebay with the Hasselblad mount as the one you fount, I guess these will do infinitys focus on the Pentax with an adapter.

Another option would be to use Pentax 67 lenses with a Mirex adapter or something that has a shift feature.
I got conformation from someone who is using this converted lens and that it works well. As he stated it is way better for shift then the super rotater.

synn

It is definitely a sweet lens. I got one recently for use with my 645DF+ and Credo 40 and love it.

Michiel Schierbeek

It is definitely a sweet lens. I got one recently for use with my 645DF+ and Credo 40 and love it.
Looked at your website. Very nice work!
I had been looking for information with google but I did not see your blog. May be I missed it.
Your review on the Mamiya shift on your blog was exactly what I was looking for! Very informative, thank you!

synn

Looked at your website. Very nice work!
I had been looking for information with google but I did not see your blog. May be I missed it.
Your review on the Mamiya shift on your blog was exactly what I was looking for! Very informative, thank you!
You're welcome and glad to be of help!
Since your Pentax has the same sensor size as my Credo 40, you can expect the same Field of View for your shots. :)

p.s. Out of curiosity, I just checked my page ranking on Google and Bing. The review makes it to page one of the search results, at least here in Germany. Would you mind sharing where you are? SEO is a very interesting topic to me, hence.

Michiel Schierbeek

You're welcome and glad to be of help!
Since your Pentax has the same sensor size as my Credo 40, you can expect the same Field of View for your shots. :)

p.s. Out of curiosity, I just checked my page ranking on Google and Bing. The review makes it to page one of the search results, at least here in Germany. Would you mind sharing where you are? SEO is a very interesting topic to me, hence.
I am in Amsterdam. My search was: Mamiya 645 shift 50/4 review. Result is 4 pages without your review. May be a keyword question.

synn

Gotcha! I was missing "645" in the page title and URL. Made the change now.
Anyway, I am going off topic. Enjoy your lens! :)