The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

help LS 240 error

Dan Santoso

Hi.

i needhelp in field.now and my 240 stop working. it has error LS message. can i disable LS and use focal instead?

thanks

Paul2660

Dan,

Are you on a DF or DF+ or XF? I found this:

"It appears that there has been a minor electrical problem in the body and as such it is not properly communicating to the leaf shutter...While this requires repair, there is a workaround. You should be able to capture normally if you disable the leaf shutter and just use the body's focal plane shutter. You can do this by changing the custom functions for "Shutter in M mode" to Only Focal Plane. On the body dial this is CF-18 that you would change to 2. Just besure that you activate the custom function set that you modify. If you modify set A be sure that set A is activated... This is the most common mistake people make when setting custom functions."

On a Phase One support forum. It was for a different issue, but does seem to address the issue of turning off the leaf shutter and only using the focal plane shutter.

If you are on a XF, I assume there is a similar function, but could not find anything in the "user" manual Phase One has published on their main site, i.e. there is no list of the custom functions. But hopefully a XF owner or dealer can help there.

Sorry to see you are having an issue.

Paul

Dan Santoso

Thanks you so much you save me!!

I cant download df+ manual becoz the wifi quality here is in 1990s.

My lens is working now. Im waking up in 5 hours to take sunrise photo.

Dan,

Are you on a DF or DF+ or XF? I found this:

"It appears that there has been a minor electrical problem in the body and as such it is not properly communicating to the leaf shutter...While this requires repair, there is a workaround. You should be able to capture normally if you disable the leaf shutter and just use the body's focal plane shutter. You can do this by changing the custom functions for "Shutter in M mode" to Only Focal Plane. On the body dial this is CF-18 that you would change to 2. Just besure that you activate the custom function set that you modify. If you modify set A be sure that set A is activated... This is the most common mistake people make when setting custom functions."

On a Phase One support forum. It was for a different issue, but does seem to address the issue of turning off the leaf shutter and only using the focal plane shutter.

If you are on a XF, I assume there is a similar function, but could not find anything in the "user" manual Phase One has published on their main site, i.e. there is no list of the custom functions. But hopefully a XF owner or dealer can help there.

Sorry to see you are having an issue.

Paul