The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Be careful with El Capitan

T.Dascalos

Not Available
There are posts on Luminus Lanscape that both Capture One and Phocus have problems... As far as Sinar is concerned, Captureflow has problems too, but the older Captureshop 6.1.2 (which supports all Sinarbacks) seems to work just fine. May somebody please comment if Hasselblad's Flexcolor has problems too?

k-hawinkler

Capture One 8.3.4 for some uncompressed .ARW images and some editing changes only seems to display correctly the right half of an image. :mad:

tjv

I hadn't thought about FlexColor! Better check it out as I need it for my 2x 949s!

Dan Santoso

Capture One 8.3.4 with Window 10 does not display uncompressed RAW Sony A7RII correctly. I can still convert but the preview is blank.

Knorp

Capture One 8.3.4 with Window 10 does not display uncompressed RAW Sony A7RII correctly. I can still convert but the preview is blank.
Dan, for the uncompressed RAWs, shot previous to 8.3.4, I had to use 'Regenerate Reviews' (my previews were black) to make them visible, but then I'm on OSX.

Kind regards.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I had the issue where Capture One would crash immediately upon opening after I upgraded my OS to El Capitan, and I had to do a full clean uninstall of Capture One (with the help of Graham's response to my post) and a full re-install and now it works fine (at least I hope it continues to do so).

Stan ROX

I decided to go with a full, clean installation of El Capitan, and everything works fine with Capture One, latest release.

jagsiva

I think the safest way is always a clean reinstall with C1. Just too much history with straggling issues to waste time. I wish Phase would provide an uninstaller...guess someone could always write a script.

MJMoore

Capture one will NOT support tethered shooting with El Crapola - BEWARE!!!

Didn't know this until I was on set

Michael

Pelorus

Capture one will NOT support tethered shooting with El Crapola - BEWARE!!!

Didn't know this until I was on set

Michael
I've shot several sessions tethered with C1 8.3.4 and El Capitan using a Leaf Aptus II 7 in the last few days. MBP mid-2012

citizin

El Capitan + Phocus tethering is really show. With 10.10 and below it would keep up with shooting a tethered h3dii-50, but with 10.11 it takes about 90-120secs to import and display.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
My IQ 250 does not work with El Cap

M
Is your IQ250 firmware up to date?

El Capitan made a few changes to USB3 communication protocols and some of the CCD backs will need a firmware update for full compatibility. But my understanding was this should not effect CMOS backs that are using current firmware. Have you spoken with your dealer?

8.3.4 with support for El Capitan was released by Phase One about four weeks after El Capitan's release. That dealt with most of the bugs/quirks that the new OS imposed on C1.

In general we strongly discourage professional users from jumping to a new OS for a few months. This is even more important to head if your living depends on tethering; nearly EVERY OS release breaks tethering for at least one of the cameras that Capture One supports. There is very very little upside to updating your OS immediately (some minor new features that aren't core to pro workflows) and a decent chance of issues with at least one of your core software or hardware pieces or the operating system itself. See our warning when 8.3.4 shipped.

You're always welcome to call us or email me about current C1+OS suggestions. Sounds like this could have saved you a headache! :(

MJMoore

Is your IQ250 firmware up to date?

El Capitan made a few changes to USB3 communication protocols and some of the CCD backs will need a firmware update for full compatibility. But my understanding was this should not effect CMOS backs that are using current firmware. Have you spoken with your dealer?

8.3.4 with support for El Capitan was released by Phase One about four weeks after El Capitan's release. That dealt with most of the bugs/quirks that the new OS imposed on C1.

In general we strongly discourage professional users from jumping to a new OS for a few months. This is even more important to head if your living depends on tethering; nearly EVERY OS release breaks tethering for at least one of the cameras that Capture One supports. There is very very little upside to updating your OS immediately (some minor new features that aren't core to pro workflows) and a decent chance of issues with at least one of your core software or hardware pieces or the operating system itself. See our warning when 8.3.4 shipped.

You're always welcome to call us or email me about current C1+OS suggestions. Sounds like this could have saved you a headache! :(
Thanks Doug - got it up and running now

M