The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Aptus-II 7 EXIF issue

Pelorus

New user of a MFDB here. The issue is when I use the back tethered to Capture One (8.3.4) the time and date make the journey to Capture One in the EXIF data. However when I use the back with a CF card the time and date appear not to be written to the image file. I've checked the files using a utility to check that it's not a Capture One issue, but apparently an issue with the back not writing the data to the file.

The back is being used on an Alpa STC.

The back is actually a Mamiya DM33 - a re-branded Leaf with the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

steve_cor

New user of a MFDB here. The issue is when I use the back tethered to Capture One (8.3.4) the time and date make the journey to Capture One in the EXIF data. However when I use the back with a CF card the time and date appear not to be written to the image file. I've checked the files using a utility to check that it's not a Capture One issue, but apparently an issue with the back not writing the data to the file.

The back is being used on an Alpa STC.

The back is actually a Mamiya DM33 - a re-branded Leaf with the latest firmware.

Any ideas?

I have the same digital back that you have. I can see the EXIF data on the back, in Light Room, and in Capture One 8.2.

--Steve.

Pelorus

Thanks Steve, that's what I was seeing when I shot tethered. When I shot to CF card I wasn't getting that.

However I've found the solution. For reference: If you have any odd characters in the information entered into your back then it won't right EXIF data to the CF card properly. In my case I had © in the copyright field. As soon as I deleted that the EXIF wrote to the card properly.