The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stolen Alpa Gear:

Jamgolf

Graham when you said "So having been liberated of my Alpa and lenses..." in the other thread, I did not really understand the context. Now I know. This is terrible.

Really sorry for your loss. All the best to you in assembling an awesome replacement kit.

narikin

Pieter Hugo was telling a tale of coming back from a long shoot abroad to his home in Capetown. He was stopped and inspected for Carnet's etc by customs, but of course let through as all was in order. Drove home, secured his gear in his house and went out to get some food. Robbed immediately. Everything gone. He thinks the customs agents followed him home and broke in. Window was cut open professionally.

He was most upset about loosing the CF cards and the entire shoot of a many weeks work. A good artist too, so we all lost out on that one.

rayyen

Dear Graham, sorry to hear your lost, it's absolutely terrible and would be a nightmare to photographer like us. Thanks for sharing it reminds me to keep my gears safe as I always go places with heavy gears too.

D&A

Graham, let me echo what so many before me have said. I am so sorry for your loss and know it feels like being violated. Years ago in midtown Manhattan, at the height of NY crime in that area, my truck was jimmied open and contents emptied out. All in broad daylight on a very busy street not far from the old B&H. I just came across this thread of yours.

Any word since the initial incident? I'm just glad you weren't hurt as ones life is too value compared to any loss of camera equipment.

Dave (D&A)

Schmiddi

Though of course it's really nasty to loose the gear - just be happy you survived unhurt (good chance that such gangsters have weapons with them...)! You can buy new camera, but no new life.

I never travel with more than I can put in the trunk - but in my case (BMW 530i) trunk is bigger than all gear. Maybe you need different car? And the idea with this GPS-unit looks good - won't work in houses, but cheap and can help...

Andreas