The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture error on the xf

joegl

Serveral times during a photoshot I do get "capture error" after 5 or 10 frames. After I did take the batterys out and restart, it works again for some 10 frames. Back is still working. I did allready restore the Camera and back software.....

What can I do...?

Thanks Joerg:(:(:(

kdphotography

After resetting the back and camera, does the capture error continue---or work normally? Was the capture error after completing the most recent firmware updates?

If so, there might have been an error when the firmware was updating. Try downloading and updating the firmware again.

ken

Don Libby

Same thing happened to me in Bryce, turned out the XF firmware became corrupted; reloaded and no problems since then.

Don

My error mesgae appeared on the XF lcd using the 180 and 28D as well as a 240LS; had no issues with the 40-80 or 75-150LS. Reloaded the firmware and all worked great.

joegl

After resetting the back and camera, does the capture error continue---or work normally? Was the capture error after completing the most recent firmware updates?

If so, there might have been an error when the firmware was updating. Try downloading and updating the firmware again.

ken
Thank You for your help,

I did try it with different lenses and different cards,I did an new firmware upgrade for the back and the camera, after that it tooks 50 frames to get the capture error again.

???

I do need it in 10 hours......

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Thank You for your help,

I did try it with different lenses and different cards,I did an new firmware upgrade for the back and the camera, after that it tooks 50 frames to get the capture error again.

???

I do need it in 10 hours......
Have you contacted your dealer or Phase One?

Does it happen both tethered and untethered? If only untethered does it happen with multiple cf cards *listed by phase one as tested/supported* and formatted in camera before use?

How are you doing the firmware updates? When you redid the firmware update did you re-download the firmware or did you use the same file from the first time (which might have been corrupted during download). Do they show any errors during he update?

When did the problem begin? Was it present upon delivery or only manifested after a firmware update. If the later then I would try reinstalling the body firmware a third time; it's unlikely to fail the first time, and very unlikely to fail twice in a row but anything is possible.

Don Libby

In my case I contacted my dealer and working over the phone and several thousand miles apart we got the back to original firmware (IQ180- and 2011) then reinstalled the updated firmware and all was good. Took it back outside and shot several more days waiting for it to throw an error code which it hasn't since.

As Doug suggests, the chances of it failing several times is rare however remember Mr Murphy's Law.

The best thing I could suggest is contacting your dealer asap and let them work it out with you. Should be an easy fix over the phone.

Best of luck

Don

joegl

Have you contacted your dealer or Phase One?

Does it happen both tethered and untethered? If only untethered does it happen with multiple cf cards *listed by phase one as tested/supported* and formatted in camera before use?

How are you doing the firmware updates? When you redid the firmware update did you re-download the firmware or did you use the same file from the first time (which might have been corrupted during download). Do they show any errors during he update?

When did the problem begin? Was it present upon delivery or only manifested after a firmware update. If the later then I would try reinstalling the body firmware a third time; it's unlikely to fail the first time, and very unlikely to fail twice in a row but anything is possible.
It started 4-5 days ago with one or two failures a day.
but today it ends up with every second pictures.
Updates was two weeks ago.

OK I did all you said, and I works fine now. 150 test shots, all good.
gonna take a back up dslr tommorrow. will see.
Looks like that you have to take of back, camera and lens than reboot.....

Thanks to all of you for the help.

Joerg