The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The H5D-50c is now available at just £9,795

T.Dascalos

Not Available
Theodoros,

Are you sure you know what "troll" means?
Sure... a Norwegian ugly "doll"... I have a collection of them... (both real ones that I got last time I visited Norway and... web ones)...

They are supposed to "grow" where there was no "feeding" for them as to... troll! It's originated from the old Greek tradition of the "Kalikantzaros" myth... (google it...) where creatures from the underworld jump in the real world as to mess it up...

To "mess things up intentionally" (or trying to divert a conversation because it is to the benefit of competition to ones "fanboyism") is the definition of a troll... don't you agree?

Last edited:

modator

Well this thread is becoming hard to understand and too technic for me.....
the problem i think is the future of Hasselblad and MFD brands all... but in general all brand's make some discounts for Holidays !!

All the brand in this period of consumes restriction and lowering of orders, significant improvement on DSLR and Phones IQ and the lowered quality needed by the media that are going more and more on the web.... to run a MF business more than ever it's like they get to cross the desert...

and about it, it's important to know something about the camel brick-red ! (very important in photography....)

Time ago an american tourist decides to make the crossing of the desert Sahara...
to do so he decides to go to a camel merchant to buy a Camel.

At the entrance of the store sees an inscription: "Camels Normal: $ 10000. Camels brick red: $ 50000 ".

Curious about that big difference he asked about both, the manager of the store says: "The normal camels certainly he knows them,
Brick red ones are special one prepared to cross the entire Sahara !!"

The tourist more curious than before ask in what consist the preparation to justify the big price difference ?

Then the manager of the store says: "When at the beverage, we take two red bricks, creeps up behind the camel, crushing the testicles with the bricks ... The beast does uuuuuuuuuuu and inhaling more water, up to the neck"

Then with more Water (read DJI and new Holidays customer) , Hasselblad maybe can cross the desert, maybe....

The Alexa 65 (Arri) uses 54.12 width sensor (Hasselblad H lenses)
Someone just told me that the Alexa 65 uses Panavision Primo 70 lenses, instead of Hasselblad H lenses. Is it true? Also, I would assume that lenses made in America or Japan would lack the "German rendition".

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
the problem i think is the future of Hasselblad and MFD brands all... but in general all brand's make some discounts for Holidays !!

All the brand in this period of consumes restriction and lowering of orders, significant improvement on DSLR and Phones IQ and the lowered quality needed by the media that are going more and more on the web
I think another factore (be it small but growing) has to do with the fact that each MF brand is trying to capture a larger piece of a shrinking pie. The DMF market has largely been for the professional photographer, and with the worldwide economy being what it is, companies that use these photographers have ever shrinking budgets with which to work, and have to maximize their advertising budgets. The difference is that if photographer A (who is a DMF shooter) charges $XX for a particular assignment in order to cover his overhead and show some profit, and photographer B (who is a DSLR shooter) charges 30% less for the same assignment, as his overhead is lower due to the cost of his equipment being lower, and the needs of the client dont quite justify the difference in IQ between DMF and DSLR, then photograoher B may start to pick up some of photographer A's business.

maxshafiq

All the brand in this period of consumes restriction and lowering of orders, significant improvement on DSLR and Phones IQ and the lowered quality needed by the media that are going more and more on the web.... to run a MF business more than ever it's like they get to cross the desert...

and about it, it's important to know something about the camel brick-red ! (very important in photography....)

Time ago an american tourist decides to make the crossing of the desert Sahara...
to do so he decides to go to a camel merchant to buy a Camel.

At the entrance of the store sees an inscription: "Camels Normal: $ 10000. Camels brick red: $ 50000 ".

Curious about that big difference he asked about both, the manager of the store says: "The normal camels certainly he knows them,
Brick red ones are special one prepared to cross the entire Sahara !!"

The tourist more curious than before ask in what consist the preparation to justify the big price difference ?

Then the manager of the store says: "When at the beverage, we take two red bricks, creeps up behind the camel, crushing the testicles with the bricks ... The beast does uuuuuuuuuuu and inhaling more water, up to the neck"

Then with more Water (read DJI and new Holidays customer) , Hasselblad maybe can cross the desert, maybe....
I love this camel story...I have not heard this for a couple of decades and you made me laugh when I read it.

So are you saying Hasselblad has had its testicles squashed?

LMAO

modator

I love this camel story...I have not heard this for a couple of decades and you made me laugh when I read it.

So are you saying Hasselblad has had its testicles squashed?

LMAO
Always when You are selling at 40% off... But then You have the water !!