The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase XF Focus Screen

Don Libby

Here's a question for Phase One

Since the newer XF bodies are now shipping with the new improved focus screen does that mean we, the early buyers of the XF will receive them as well? Will they be free from Phase One or will Phase One use their dealer network to make us pay for them. While I think we shouldn't be charged I'll not be surprised if we are.

On a different note - my waist level has been shipped and I'll be receiving it tomorrow.

Nice to have an idea of the focus screen....

Don

MILESF

I have the exact same question though to be fair for me it is more about when it will become available.

Last edited:

kdphotography

Here's a question for Phase One

Since the newer XF bodies are now shipping with the new improved focus screen does that mean we, the early buyers of the XF will receive them as well? Will they be free from Phase One or will Phase One use their dealer network to make us pay for them. While I think we shouldn't be charged I'll not be surprised if we are.
Don
That would be piss poor business sense to punish early purchasers of the XF camera platform---making us buy the new focus screen.

ken

DougDolde

Just heard my XF is ready to ship WITH the correct focusing screen. My last splash of cash for the year.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Digital Transitions has already committed to making sure any of our clients that received the DF+ focus screen are swapped to new XF focus screens, at no cost, when they become available in volume.

As far as I know Phase One corporate has not officially announced their plans in this regard, but I suspect this will be their policy. But if it's not then we will pay for it ourselves, no cost to our clients.

Steve Hendrix

I don't want to speak for any other dealers (Doug's already spoken for his), but regardless of what Phase One ends up doing, Capture Integration will be swapping early adopters focusing screens out for free. While Phase One has raised some eyebrows at times over the years, I do not anticipate they would charge a fee for providing the correct focusing screen months after a customer has received the camera. That is just a bit too outrageous to consider. And it's hard to imagine any dealer voluntarily charging for this on their own.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration