I am starting this thread to come to an eventual final conclusion. When C1 released its version 9 a new support for DNG files was marketed. Since I am a long time user of C1 and pretty newly also a Hasselblad owner (H5D-40 and 50c) I was tempted to test this workaround. I believe C1 is so much better in the handling of the workflow than Phocus, but Phocus is being said to be better in final IQ, color rendering etc. But using 2 SW for Hasselblad files (Phocus) and my Nikons (C1) is not ideal at all and cumbersome in a way.
So I did the following test workaround:
1. importing all H files to Phocus. No further adjustments here.
2. Batch exporting DNG files
3. Batch importing the DNG files into Exif Editor (OS app; 10$). Here batch removing the Hasselblad camera information in the header only (2 lines to be deleted). This works actually pretty fast, maybe 2-3 minutes for 300-400 files.
4. Import the "cleaned" files into C1. This works well and the files do not need to be physically imported anymore since they are already physically on the SSD. They must only be imported into the project/group/album and previews being generated.
5. start adjusting exposure, WB, etc. within C1.
6. Export from there using recipes etc. to TIFF, JPEG's etc.
I am using a large catalog with projects, groups and albums with referenced raw files. Thus it is compelling to have all files (my NEF's and also the Hasselblad DNG's, some Fuji files and others) in one SW application. I noticed even that the keywords entered into Phocus at the importing process are fully supported by the new keyword library functionality of C1 9. Great!
BUT, and here comes the but: I am not yet fully conclusive, but in some cases the colors and general IQ of the final output files are better when coming directly from Phocus (with adjustments done in Phocus and exports to TIFF, JPEG's) than with the workaround via C1. However, in some other cases i could not see any real differences. I also noticed that the DNG files usually became some 7-10 MByte smaller than the original H files.
By starting this thread I hope that others in a similar situation like me, i.e. using C1 for other file than Hasseblad's and Phocus for H files, will do their own testing and sharing theirs experiences and conclusions!