The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best Hasselblad H Series lenses?

masud

I second the choice of the HC50II, HC120II and the HCD28. I also use the HC100 and the HC80 for portraits. But my favorite piece of equipment on the H5D-50c is the HTS 1.5 - I use it mostly with the HC28 for landscapes and with the the HC80 for studio work; make sure to get the "Snapi tilt calculator" app on the iPhone when using the HTS 1.5.

Cheers and happy new year,
Masud

jerome_m

I second the choice of the HC50II, HC120II and the HCD28. I also use the HC100 and the HC80 for portraits. But my favorite piece of equipment on the H5D-50c is the HTS 1.5
The O.P. already has the HCD 24mm, the HCD 28mm would not be very different. A word of caution, however: I can focus the HCD 28mm on the ground glass when mounted on the HTS, I find it much more difficult with the HCD 24mm: the lens is just a bit too slow and too wide for me to really see what is sharp and what is not.

masud

The O.P. already has the HCD 24mm, the HCD 28mm would not be very different. A word of caution, however: I can focus the HCD 28mm on the ground glass when mounted on the HTS, I find it much more difficult with the HCD 24mm: the lens is just a bit too slow and too wide for me to really see what is sharp and what is not.
Makes sense. If you have the WiFi version of the 50c, you can use live view on an iPad with Phocus mobile - works really well, and I imagine it would overcome the challenge you are describing.

Since I already have the 28mm, I decided not to spend the money getting the 24mm, but I am tempted. Anyone have a point of view on my choice?