The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One IQ3 100mp. Shipping now. Full frame CMOS. HDMI.

What lenses in the Pentax lineup could keep up with full frame 100mpx? People complain enough about the variable quality of the lenses on a crop sensor, afterall.

What we can all bet on is that all the major players (save Leica) will be using the same 100mpx sensor in due course, maybe earlier than first predicted. For those that are "in the game" it's a good time to be a photographer.

WIth regards to the Phase offering, I'm of no doubt that its an incredible piece of kit and the XF an amazing leap forward for them. Now for me, I'm off to contemplate a mount swap for my Credo 60...
People with Superiority complexes who aren't actually shooting Pentax complain that the lenses aren't good enough. The 28-45, the 35 HD, the 55/2.8, the 90/2.8, all universally praised. Yes the other lenses aren't 'as good' but that doesn't mean 'universally bad'. If you need bragging rights, maybe it's not for you. But for photographs it's a nearly complete system that actually manages 1/4000th of a second flash sync with HSS.

Christopher

People with Superiority complexes who aren't actually shooting Pentax complain that the lenses aren't good enough. The 28-45, the 35 HD, the 55/2.8, the 90/2.8, all universally praised. Yes the other lenses aren't 'as good' but that doesn't mean 'universally bad'. If you need bragging rights, maybe it's not for you. But for photographs it's a nearly complete system that actually manages 1/4000th of a second flash sync with HSS.

Very true and I do think the current 50MP Pentax is great and a reason why the IQx50 isn't worth much. However, a lens can be amazing on a crop and crap on FF. We won't know that before it comes out.

Very true and I do think the current 50MP Pentax is great and a reason why the IQx50 isn't worth much. However, a lens can be amazing on a crop and crap on FF. We won't know that before it comes out.
Well I for one am hoping to see a new 75 or 80 with the FF 645x. It's about time. I actually think the current 75/2.8 FA is pretty good, especially at 3.5 and down, but improvements are always welcome. Especially if it's with an F2 aperture.

tsjanik

I have been participating in forums since the early 2000s and my overall impression of posters who discount Pentax is either they haven't used any of the lenses, or if they have, it was for a short period of time. Some may have gotten a bad, used copy; others perhaps never learned to cope with the shutter of the 67. Many of the old lenses are more than good enough, e.g., the 645 120mm macros (A and FA) both can out resolve the sensor on a 645D. There are others as well.