The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Prediction for IQ3 100 Tests

Lobalobo

When the Phase One IQ 250 was released, the sample images looked to me less vivid than similar images on a CCD MF back. This was an uneducated observation based on a laptop screen but, on this forum, I discovered that a number of sophisticated photographers with advanced equipment thought this difference showed through even in printed images (while others disagreed, of course). Still on a laptop screen, but most of the early sample images of the new Phase One IQ3 100 are spectacular (all except the Alpa samples taken with an ultra-wide shifted lens). Whether the look is attributable to the back's 16-bit capture or its CFA, I'd wager that when the evidence is in (movements aside) the IQ3 100 will win over even the pro-CCD hardliners. If so, once I win Powerball tonight (and the odds are only about 200 million to 1 against, so what could go wrong), I'll put away my Crown Graphic and sheet film and order the new back and a MF digital camera. (And then, when the next MF full-frame CMOS back comes out with a BSI version of the sensor, I'll buy a technical camera system to go with it.)