The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fashion Raws from Phase One IQ3 100mp (16 bit mode)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Every time a new camera is released a slew of test images begin appearing. One of the most common is a photo of a model’s face with a Color Checker. We wanted to create a test image that was, first and foremost, a good image. So we worked with makeup/hair artist Kara Graves to riff off the cliche of the Color Checker + Model cliche.

The article, including links to download 6.5 gb worth or raw files and 100% JPGs here:
Phase One IQ3 100mp 16 bit Raw File Fashion Test

Dan Santoso

Hi Doug.

I downloaded round tower files iso 1600 + 3200. When view via C1, the image has magenta cast in top part of the image, while the thumbnail does not have.

I don't have any experience with CMOS IQ, but the image is very noisy. Is this amount of noise normal?

Here is a screenshot

http://postimg.org/image/qyvkv2mwx/

Thanks

Thanks Doug. Can you do comparison with IQ80 next time? Products with a lot of color and DR range perhaps.
I completely agree. It is vital to compare the IQ3 100MP against the IQ3 80MP at the same time for the same model, with the same light source and same framing. CCD users tend to claim superiority in skin tone. We'd be curious to see the difference.

Dan Santoso

Hi Doug,

Can you make comparison with IQ180, specially with color/skin tone and DR?

I think many people will want to see it.

Thanks

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi Doug,

Can you make comparison with IQ180, specially with color/skin tone and DR?

I think many people will want to see it.

Thanks
Already captured, but not yet published. Will probably take a week or so before it's up as the tech cam comparison will be eating my time until then. Contact me offline if you'd like to see them sooner.