The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Credo update for XF

tjv

Hi all,
With all the excitement of the new IQ3100, I'm wondering what on earth is happening with Leaf. I have a Credo 60 in V mount that I've been considering changing to M or H mount. When the XF was realeased, Phase One / Leaf said a firmware update to allow the Credo range of backs to work on it was imminent, but there's still no sign of it. Does anyone else get the impression that Leaf is essentially being cast aside?
Either way, I'm happy with my back but wouldn't mind an AF SLR to compliment my technical camera setup.
TJV

weinlamm

Can you remember the presentation of IQ3 and XF...? We where told, that it used both a new language. :rolleyes: Ok. :confused:

Not really interesting for user of 'old' backs (I have the same Credo-system; but only Credo 40). As you said - it was told, too, that user of older (Credo, IQ1, IQ2) backs would need a firmware-update that could 'translate' between the back and the new XF-camera (language).

I'm not really up to date in IQ-line - but I think they got their update to use XF-camera a while ago.

And now to your question:
I know, that the Leaf-guys are working on the new firmware. I was told from my dealer one day in fall, that Leaf will present their own XF-camera and with that the firmware-update should come. It was told, too, that there should be an update-program for Leaf 645DF(?)/645DF+(!) to XF and that it should be "on end of the year".

Ok. Now "end of the year" has past - but I think it shouldn't take a really long time. It seems that Leaf- and Phase One-firmware isn't the same. :rolleyes:

I, for myself, didn't need the update really. I shoot mostly with technical camera - and for this it's equal if I had firmware 2.x, 3.x or 4.x on it.
But I'm interested in the price-details of upgrading 645DF+ to XF. Perhaps... :cool:

tjv

Thanks for the update. I do find it odd though that it's taking this long considering Phase and Leaf have the same parent company. It should have been sorted and ready at launch, if only from a business perspective to maximise sales. Perhaps what this does suggest is that "Team Phase One" isn't such a close team after all.