The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645 mount lens question

dmward

Fotodiox now has a RinoCam offering that creates a 66mm x 66mm composite image with 6 A7x frames stitched.

It is offered in M645 and Hasselblad V mount options. They also have an Pentax 6x7 to M645 mount adapter.

I decided to order one to give it a try.

If it works reasonably well, it will be a nice tool for creating large files of landscape and architectural subjects.

Which brings me to my question:
Which lenses would you recommend for this setup?

I've found and ordered a Mamiya 50mm Shift lens, also a Pentax 6x7 135mm Macro.

If this works, it will also be useful for documenting paints and other art work. Any lenses that might be useful for those endeavors?

Thanks,

takomaru

After Carl (Scho) put up his tests; I gave it try. Removed the focusing aid that was useless and interfered with the A7R grip. l tried the Hasselblad 40 CFi; 50FLE; 100 CFi; on the Mamiya mount 4 and 6 inch Cooke's. It worked; I found I had to do more shots than the ones indicated; but the awkwardness and the lack of movement made me move to an Actus; again after seeing Carl's tests with the Actus for which I am very grateful for his excellent tests and posts,