Site Sponsors

Thread: Mamiya 645 mount lens question

Post Thanks / Like

Mamiya 645 mount lens question

Fotodiox now has a RinoCam offering that creates a 66mm x 66mm composite image with 6 A7x frames stitched.

It is offered in M645 and Hasselblad V mount options. They also have an Pentax 6x7 to M645 mount adapter.

I decided to order one to give it a try.

If it works reasonably well, it will be a nice tool for creating large files of landscape and architectural subjects.

Which brings me to my question:
    Which lenses would you recommend for this setup?

I've found and ordered a Mamiya 50mm Shift lens, also a Pentax 6x7 135mm Macro.

If this works, it will also be useful for documenting paints and other art work. Any lenses that might be useful for those endeavors?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mamiya 645 mount lens question

After Carl (Scho) put up his tests; I gave it try. Removed the focusing aid that was useless and interfered with the A7R grip. l tried the Hasselblad 40 CFi; 50FLE; 100 CFi; on the Mamiya mount 4 and 6 inch Cooke's. It worked; I found I had to do more shots than the ones indicated; but the awkwardness and the lack of movement made me move to an Actus; again after seeing Carl's tests with the Actus for which I am very grateful for his excellent tests and posts,