The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50C "promotion" continues

drevil

Staff member
he talkes about "the bigger sensor"
i think he doesnt know what he talks about there :cool:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
he talkes about "the bigger sensor"
i think he doesnt know what he talks about there :cool:
Prior to making that statement he said that he did not get along well with the DSLRs he had tried ...

so relative to them it is bigger.

And I assume that Charlie can outshoot almost anyone I know.

Bob

torger

It's a commercial. Charlie Waite is a great name to have on that, at least for the European market. He's a well known landscape photographer, and as the CFV is mostly aimed at enthusiast photographers landscape is a natural genre to expose in a commercial.

http://www.charliewaite.com/

jlm

Workshop Member
it does hint at possible future 100Mpx developments from blad...maybe this spring? though that may stress the V-lenses
glaring omissions from the CFV-50c are USB 3 and now...HDMI out

SHV

Still no money, but at least this allows me to dream for 2+ more months. Can't say I'm surprise either. I suspect this is probably some kind of long term price reduction:

CFV-50c Offer - Hasselblad

7900 Euros is only about $8500! (!)
" CFV-50C "promotion" continues "
I bought one three weeks ago. I had to try multiple dealers until I found one in stock. I don't know whether the "back order" situation is related to high volume of sales or limited number of CFV-50c backs available at the "special" price.

Steve

DanielDuarte

" CFV-50C "promotion" continues "
I bought one three weeks ago. I had to try multiple dealers until I found one in stock. I don't know whether the "back order" situation is related to high volume of sales or limited number of CFV-50c backs available at the "special" price.

Steve
BH told me that if I ordered mine in Dec of 2015 I would see by the end of this month (Jan 2016). I put a pre order in and was told perhaps March. I then canceled my order.

My future purchase is very much in limbo. I don't know what I want to do. Im looking for a digital solution for color images. I'm still shooting 8x10 for BW. I gave the A7RII a 30 day trial and while the files were wonderful I really struggled with the whole small mirrorless EVF camera experience. I also used batteries like I was popping tic tacs.

SHV

I have a dealer who has offered me a demo model, 211 actuations for 8950 USD.

I have a 40mm CF FLE, 100 CF, and 120 CFI.

I think I might pull the trigger.
If there are no issues with the warranty on a Demo., I would buy it at that price without a second thought. I haven't had much of an opportunity to use mine but I'm very pleased with the results so far. I have done a few shots with a 503CW, 203FE, SWC, and shifts with a Flexbody and it works well.

Steve

jlm

Workshop Member
CFV50-c, sk 32mm, no center filter, on cambo actus, and shifted vertically about 10mm. probably applied LCC, processed in Phocus

on occasion, with more shifting, it can be troublesome in the corners with the 32mm

DanielDuarte

If there are no issues with the warranty on a Demo., I would buy it at that price without a second thought. I haven't had much of an opportunity to use mine but I'm very pleased with the results so far. I have done a few shots with a 503CW, 203FE, SWC, and shifts with a Flexbody and it works well.

Steve
I just spoke with the dealer. Since the demo is 3
Months old Hasselblad USA will honor the warranty and add an effective year from my purchase date.

DanielDuarte

Congratulations on your CFV-50c purchase!!!
:>)

Steve
It's funny. I worked primarily in analog for the last 10 years, I'm only 31... So my photographic life never really had any exposure to either medium. I just enjoyed working with the mechanical / analog process. However, this year I enrolled in my MFA and I got hit with a sledgehammer regarding work output / deadlines and so I considered digital as a means of addressing this issue. I have beautiful 4x5 and 8x10 cameras with high end glass and I didn't bat an eye buying that stuff. But when it comes to electronics it's brutal, the internal struggle and guilt, of spending the money. Phew, took a lot to pull that trigger.

jlm

Workshop Member
here is another one shot with the 32mm, a two shot pano of vertical images, shifted about 15-20mm.

DanielDuarte

You will be happy with the battery life of the CFV50c then, it does really well, even in the cold. I ordered mine as soon as the promotion was on, been very happy with it, especially in how I just swap back and forth from B&W film to digi, digi to B&W film.
That's good to know! I just picked up from the dealer in CT.

Can't wait to use it.

rmueller

Anybody knows how the CFV-50c behaves on technical cameras when shifted?
Hi,

not really tech-camera but we use the CFV50c successfully with the Flexbody, works like a charm. Below image was done
with about 8 degree tilt and the CFi 50 lens. The area of focus can be easily determined via life view, the display is really
a big improvement. I will do some more shots with shift and tilt over the coming weeks, its just hard to steal the back from
my wife who owns it ;-)

Regards,
Ralf

Attachments

Last edited:

DanielDuarte

I'm going to inquire with Hugo over at Chamonix to see what options would be to throw this back on my 45F1. I'd like to eventually own an Alpa TC to throw in a bag when hiking long, long distance but the cost of the glass pushes it outside of my budget for what is a very special use.