The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50C "promotion" continues

SHV

It does not affect my decision in anyway (which is based on lack of $$$), but does anyone know or can read tea leaves to say how well the CFV-50C is selling? My *impression* is that it is selling well, but in reality?
My guess is that they are selling well at $9995. Whatever the supply was, was sold out by early Dec. After 2+ months, now back in stock, again at $9995. The fact that production continues at reduced price suggests that sales are good and HB is making a profit(?).

Steve

Ken_R

Phase should sell the IQ150 at that price (even though it is a better back than the Hassy). They would have sold a bunch already and most likely gotten a lot of people into their system in the process (even though they sell it in other mounts which is part of what makes the back attractive to a large customer base)

drevil

Staff member
Phase should sell the IQ150 at that price (even though it is a better back than the Hassy). They would have sold a bunch already and most likely gotten a lot of people into their system in the process (even though they sell it in other mounts which is part of what makes the back attractive to a large customer base)
yep the should, but as long people buy at high prices, there is no reason for them to lower the price.

i would immediately buy an iq150 or even iq250 if the price would be in the 10k-15k range

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
yep the should, but as long people buy at high prices, there is no reason for them to lower the price.

i would immediately buy an iq150 or even iq250 if the price would be in the 10k-15k range
Indeed. I would immediately buy a Ferrari F458 if the price would be in the $90-120k range too ... :facesmack:

Paul2660

I think if you look into it, the total sales numbers for the IQ150 at least in the US are very low. No way to tell world wide. It's just too close to the 250 and now 350 in price.

One way to tell, Adobe took almost 1 year to add the support for the IQ150 to LR. I was involved in getting the 150 added to LR camera raw and had tried since June of last year. I realize that Adobe is not Phase One, but you can also use which cameras are added and how fast they are added to LR camera raw as a bell weather of numbers sold in the world. Numbers sold equals demand to get specific cameras into camera raw. The IQ150 just did not cross over to the masses like it could have. Not a thing wrong with it, but price point and the market perception of where that price point should be.

Paul C

JohnBrew

Just an FYI. I was informed the Hasselblad 100 mp will be announced "soon". I wasn't informed if a separate back will be part of the lineup or not.

Last edited:

Paul2660

Makes sense, as Phase just announced H support for the 100MP back.

Sadly to me it seems possible that attention has been given priority to getting out the H back version for WPPI, instead of completing orders that date back to early January for the M back version.

Paul C