The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad FW Update R248

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Great news,

The global site of Hasselblad has new FW for the ISO upgrade and
HTS 1.5, 35-90 HCD Zoom and DC PowerGrip compatibility.

Regards,

Bob

docmoore

Iso Update R248 loaded without problem.

The combined FW body update 081222.hbf does not load in Phocus 1.1.2 MAC nor in Flexcolor 4.8.8.

Will attempt another download when it is updated.

My back H3DII 39 now has 800 as an ISO option.

Bob

docmoore

Let's see some ISO 800 shots, very curious
Guy,

Here are three quick and dirty...Phocus without any color or noise filtration.
No white balance changes...

Output as Tif downsized, converted to sRGB, mode to 8 bit, saved as JPG.
The originals are as clean as the downsized version.

Hurray!

Bob

Last edited:

anGy

Thanks Hasselblad for having forgotten the 22mpixels backs :-((((((((((((
Maybe they don't remember it's also H3DII compatible...

The Marketing guys should meet the After Sales guys sometimes. And don't tell the 22mp backs couldn't be upgraded the same way, I wouldn't buy it.

Shame on you.

docmoore

Hey DocMoore

Do you have a link to the site? I can't seem to find it

Woody
Woody,

Go to hasselbladusa.com

Top right USA (change) will bring up a new window...pick global. Log in is same as USA site. Downloads at top pick software firmware then firmware on the next page.

Bob

fotografz

Downloaded it and put it my H3D-II/31 to see how the ISO 1600 looks.

Not much latitude for error in exposure, but for my purposes it looks pretty good. My most important ISO 1600 application is with fill flash, so I can capture more of the ambient light at weddings, etc..

Big news is that ISO 800 looks to be improved, and seems to be close to what 400 used to be. Time will tell.

I did discover a one pixel line running side-to-side almost centered when the image is in portrait orientation. However, it's not in all images. I need to shoot more to check this out further. For that reason I will not upgrade my H3D-II/39 which I am using for paying work right now.

I'm on a deadline right now and only had time for a few snaps @ ISO 1600:

PeterA

Am a reluctant firmware upgrader till everyone says its ok - so please keep posteing experiences -:)

Shots look nice and clean.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Keep them coming , like to see more. It does look very good so far. We need to see into the shadows and see what is lurking there

docmoore

Like to see this area at 100 percent. I see smearing or something
Actually I had to look very closely at that. If you mean the change on the rail I see the same thing when sitting at my desk where I took the pic. I walked to the stairs and there is an area of woodgrain that extends from the 3-4 style to the 5-6 style on the rail.

Looks smeared on the photo and in person...just another gift from my homebuilder. I had better not tell my wife about this one.

I will take a pic up close when I get home from the hospital this PM.

Seems like there is a new version of Phocus which allows the combined HBF FW to load..cannot confirm that as the hasselblad site is overloaded at the moment.

Bob

Bob

docmoore

Seems like there is a new version of Phocus which allows the combined HBF FW to load..cannot confirm that as the hasselblad site is overloaded at the moment.

Bob

Bob
Just logged onto the Global site and there is now a version Mac 1.1.3 of Phocus which corrects a bug.

Yahoo!

Bob

docmoore

Marc,

Your ISO 1600 pics look very very good.

I have seen no lines yet in portrait orientation on the 39 back and hope that it may have been a card read glitch.

Guy,

Previous post Style == stile my mistake cannot blame spell check.

I have to take some time to compare ISO 50 100 ... 800 to see just how much acuity is lost at the higher iso. I assume it is severe and will relegate this to an as needed basis but nice to have in a pinch. Since I try to shoot most everything at 50 it is not too important, the one advantage of having no paying clients. My reflex response over the past year has been to grab the D3 for almost any non-locked down capture.

It is nice to know that after a year of delays and unfulfilled promises the FW has arrived.

Bob