The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First week with XF body.

faneuil

Worlds fastest review?
BUY IT

Huge step up in performance from my DF. Just an absolute delight with IQ180. I am in serious love.
and REAL AF that is speedy and accurate!

odd note: My old fully manual Mam 120 f/4 macro does not attach to XF body (as it did with DF and all prior bodies)

Eric

Paul2660

I recall that the 120 manual has an issue with the XF. There might be a mount change possible on that lens to allow it to work.

Paul C

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Worlds fastest review?
BUY IT

Huge step up in performance from my DF. Just an absolute delight with IQ180. I am in serious love.
and REAL AF that is speedy and accurate!

odd note: My old fully manual Mam 120 f/4 macro does not attach to XF body (as it did with DF and all prior bodies)

Eric
As first discovered by us and mentioned in our article about Big Buttery Bokeh, the older 645 Pro TL era Mamiya lenses require a minor mechanical modification to work on the XF.

This modification has since been documented by Phase One in this KB. It shouldn't cost you much; if you're in NYC we can recommend a local lens/body repair facility that has already done it many times already and we're glad to provide an XF to that repair facility for any of our clients so they can confirm the modification was successful before returning to you.