The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 Copying and Pasting White balance with IQ180

Christopher

Just a quick question. When copying and pasting settings in C1 9.0.3 I found that White balance is NOT really pasting correctly, or should I ask is it on purpose different ? Talking IQ180 files.

Let's say for example I want all 6 images 5200K and 5,5Tint. I copy these and paste them to 5 other images. Why are they then not 5200K and 5,5Tint ? They are 5180K / 5,2T and another one is 5280K / 5,7T ?

Is this on purpose (C1 adjusting for something which I cannot see or read from the file ? ) or should it be the same across all of them ?

EDIT: I have the feeling it happens when the images have different LCC is applied.

aztwang

Just a quick question. When copying and pasting settings in C1 9.0.3 I found that White balance is NOT really pasting correctly, or should I ask is it on purpose different ? Talking IQ180 files.

Let's say for example I want all 6 images 5200K and 5,5Tint. I copy these and paste them to 5 other images. Why are they then not 5200K and 5,5Tint ? They are 5180K / 5,2T and another one is 5280K / 5,7T ?

Is this on purpose (C1 adjusting for something which I cannot see or read from the file ? ) or should it be the same across all of them ?

EDIT: I have the feeling it happens when the images have different LCC is applied.
Just went in to C1 9 and copy and pasted a WB adjustment. Pasted files were exactly as the original, so not sure but try a copy and paste with files that have no LCC applied to them.

Nebster

I don't know if C1 works the same way, but in LR when you copy and paste a white balance setting, it either copies the manually-selected values or the "use the camera's setting" value.

When you copy and paste the latter "value", the pasted images revert to the embedded selection in the raw file. So if you like the in-camera WB on a particular image, I've found I have to nudge it just a tick and then copy and paste it (or go to another image, set that image manually to the first image's values, and then copy and paste).

Is it possible that this is what you're experiencing? Just a guess.

Christopher

Ok here is an update and so far I can tell there are three scenarios:
I'm always talking about specific WB settings and no in camera or as shot. (For example 5000/5)

1. When posting WB settings from an image to another without any LCC it is a perfect match. (example 5000/5)

2. Posting WB settings from one image to another which have the SAME LCC applied it matches. (example 5000/5)

3. They have not matching LCCs. It is different as for example: original file has the 5000/5 the second file has: 4978/5,3

I know it is only a slight variation this time. But I have seen it with the first value differing around 150.