The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 v9 problem help! :)

Egor

Hi
I have a weird problem that started yesterday with a session in Capture One v9
My camera (a IQ250/DF+/80mm combo) connected via USB3...etc
The session went fine shooting some staff photos (the camera locked up several times, but we are used to that with this camera...re-seating the back tends to clear it up for a while before it happens again)

In any case, all the raw files are fine but for some reason whenever we process them out they open in Photoshop corrupted. (see pic for example)
To add insult to injury, it happens to all files at the beginning of the session but doesn't happen to files toward the end of the session...very weird.

The raw IIQ files are fine and open in ACR just fine and even open in C1 v9 ok on other computers

Any ideas as to why this would happen and how to fix?

Thanks in advance!

e

Attachments

Christopher

My guess, crappy openCL support is the problem. Typical for phase one. Try setting processing to "never" instead of auto.

Edit: in the settings

Egor

My guess, crappy openCL support is the problem. Typical for phase one. Try setting processing to "never" instead of auto.

Edit: in the settings
Thanks, Christopher! I will try that as soon as I get back in the studio
I hope you're right!
Funny that it corrupts some files but not others...:(
Wish me luck!

E

Egor

Yep! That did it. Thanks, Christopher, excellent call...much appreciated.

For the record, what is Open CL and why is it optional?

Thanks again!

e

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Open CL is the software that utilizes your GPU (graphics processor) to accelerate certain graphical and computational tasks within C1 (and also PS, LR and others). The processor in your graphics card is highly optimized for certain functions and typically faster than your main CPU for vector and bitmap processing. By having the Open CL turned off some rendering functions will be slightly slower but then again more reliable depending upon your machine/graphics processor in the graphics card.

Egor

Thanks Graham, that makes sense

My machine that had the problem was one of my older MacPro towers from 2010 with a ATI Radeon HD 5770 vid card.

May be time to upgrade, at least the card, for now.
Never had the issue before though.

I timed it, it took about a sec difference to process out "non-corrupted" files so totally worth it :)

Peegeenyc

Sorry - where in C1 are 'settings' to enable/disable this - I can't find it. thanks.

Edit: found it, thanks: Preferences.

I wish Phase One would update their 'approved Graphics Card' list a bit. It's very out of date.