The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flexbody and cfv50c

rollei8is

I recently purchased a Flexbody hoping to use it with a CFV50.

I am unable to mount the back on the Flexbody, you cannot get the back close enough to engage latch? The back mounts fine on the 503 body OR any other

Hassy body. What is so special about the Flexbody that I cannot mount the back?

What are my options? Any suggestions, may be the mounting plate on the flex body is thicker.

Any suggestions OR recommendations will surely help.

R-----

SHV

I recently purchased a Flexbody hoping to use it with a CFV50.

I am unable to mount the back on the Flexbody, you cannot get the back close enough to engage latch? The back mounts fine on the 503 body OR any other

Hassy body. What is so special about the Flexbody that I cannot mount the back?

What are my options? Any suggestions, may be the mounting plate on the flex body is thicker.

Any suggestions OR recommendations will surely help.

R-----
I have a Flexbody and CFV-50c and they work well together. Sounds like the focus screen adaptor is mounted and need to be removed. If not, post a pic. of the back of the Flexbody.

Steve

rollei8is

Hi Steve,

Here are some pictures of the body and film and Digital back.

I have some pictures of the BODY film back attached and the GAP between the DB back and body.

I read on another forum that Hasselblad changed the light trap ridge on the body between 1966 to 1969 and some models may not fit a DB.

You will see that the Film back fits fine but not the DB.

Please Help.

See attached photos.

fotophil

Check the film plane area of the Flexibody and see if there is a small metal mask located in the film plane. If so remove it - it is made of thin metal and was designed to be removed. My Flexibody fits my CFV 50C back just fine so I suspect that the mask is causing your problem. The Live View function of the back makes the Flexibody a very good setup.

ChrisLivsey

"The Stray Light Mask should be fitted at all times when the format mask is not fitted.
It helps to reduce flare when shifts and tilts are applied."

In other words if it stops the back fitting , remove it.

On the change in the ridge: This was before the mask was fitted, very early models, can you date yours from the serial? if it is early and does not have the removable mask, the ridge served the same purpose, it will require machining off, unless you have return rights.
I understand thee other visible difference is that earlier models have a bubble level in the knob. Later models have the bubble level in the focusing screen adapter. I have not owned either variant but that is clear from multiple sources. From your pictures yours seems to be the later model so should have the removable mask.

This is a CP version, see the name on the box and shows the spirit level in the knob, you should have the removable mask.
P1080457.jpg Photo by f0si | Photobucket

The very early backs should date to 1995/6 with the ridge/spirit level difference.
The stray light mask is listed as part 72422 in my 1997 catalogue, but it is not listed at all in the 2000 catalogue, which is probably why they are difficult to find if missing presumably.

http://www.galerie-photo.com/manuels/flexbody.pdf
This is the later version, the earlier version is often referred to as a FlexBodyCP as here the manual from 1995, the launch.
Camera Manual for Hasselblad FlexBody CP

rollei8is

I have closely examined the flex body for the light trap, I am unable to find one.

Do you have to unscrew any thing because it is not obvious.

I have attached two images of the film plane, I don't see anything which seems removable.

It also shows the serial number.

SHV

I have closely examined the flex body for the light trap, I am unable to find one.

Do you have to unscrew any thing because it is not obvious.

I have attached two images of the film plane, I don't see anything which seems removable.

It also shows the serial number.

The rear of my 1996 model looks identical to your 2001 except for what appears to be the addition of a thin metal frame inside of the inner light block ridge. Mine has ~ a 1.5 mm recess, yours appears to be nearly flush. I suspect that is the "mask" that needs to be removed but I would wait until someone who really knows before getting out the tools. :>)

Steve

fotophil

The thin metal frame around the inner light trap ridge appears larger than mine- especially at the top and bottom edges. Have you tried to see if little frame wii come out? As I recall the original mask plate was made of of thin spring like steel and would just snap in or out.

Have you tried to establish the interference points when fitting the digital back? How about a close comparison of the mating surfaces of both the film and digital backs? Try calling Hasselblad at 800-456-0203 if nothing else works.

Good luck

rollei8is

Hi Steve and Fotophil,

Thank to both of you on your suggestions, I put my finger nail in the inner cavity of the opening and gave a light tug and out popped a little

frame as shown in the picture. I put it aside and tried to attache the DB. Presto the DB fell in place with NO problems.

Thank you both very much, I really do appreciate your help and this forum for providing this service.

Thanks to you all.

R-------

fotophil

I ran into the problem several years ago when I tried to fit a Phase Back onto my Flexbody. Since they has promoted the compatibility of their new CFV-50C Digital Back with the Series V Family, it would nice to mention the little mask in the instruction book. There is also an interference problem between the battery and tripod attachment plate on the Arc Body that solved cutting down the plate length to clear the battery.