The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H4D-40...Dirty Auxiliary Shutter Curtain?

Jark89

Hello all! I just got my feet wet in the Digital Medium Format world with a second hand Hasselblad H4D-40 kit. So far I've been quite amazed by the image quality, as well as the heft of the camera itself. I feel like I need to go to the gym more to do this baby justice. :p

Anywho, the camera condition is quite nice with everything feeling robust, no scratches on the sensor, with just over 20k actuations for the body & 80/2.8 kit lens, etc. But still I was not thorough enough I guess.

Today, just for the heck of it, I decided to take the camera apart to inspect again, when I noticed a white streak running down vertically along the "Auxiliary Shutter Curtain". It doesn't appear to be physically damaged in any way, looks more like a streak of dust of some sort. I've included some pictures of it below.

In any case, I've taken around 70 test shots of various things, and everything seems quite fine after pixel peeping. So, should this be of any concern at all? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I don't know why the image is not embedding, sorry. :(

DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks Jerome for helping with the image linking! :D

Last edited:

Miller

I noticed the same when I bought my Blad. According to the dealer, this is normal.
In fact, it shows on both my H1 and my H3.
Never experienced a problem.

Jark89

Thank you, Anna, Miller & Jerome for the quick replies! That makes me feel MUCH better knowing there's nothing to worry about! Also I will keep that in mind in regards to linking images! :cool::cool: