The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser

modator

To preserve it's tradition the H6D in respect to the H5D line is an evolution on different fronts

HARDAWARE:
A) The interface, with the replacement of the old firewire with the more modern USB3
B) Audio and mini HDMI to connect to external display, this feature lead to the possibility to implement 4k/8K audio video recording by a firmware upgrade to come...

FIRMWARE:
A) ISO 12800 & 25600
B) Sync Speed from 1/2000 to 60min

This two feature I think they can spread over the H5D line for christmas 2016 (like Hasselblad done in the past Year)...

It seem they are going little by little filling the gap between phase one, but with this brief note in czech it's difficult to know how much...
anyway Well Done Hasselblad... a little dream come true and now I know what to ask to santa...

Regards, Domenico.

Last edited:

tjv

So 4K/8K video recorded straight to internal memory card, or via HDMI?
If the former, that's pretty epic!

I'd say after this implementation, as it stands now with what Phase have on offer, there is no gap between brands. Choose which one you already have lenses for or feels better in the hand and just get out and make work.

Personally – and my Credo is V mount, so I've got no horse in the race... yet... – I'd rather go the Hasselblad, as I like the ergonomics, True-focus, HTS and better cooperation with Adobe for Lightroom based processing.

I wonder what Phocus 3.0 will be like, and if their scene calibration algorithms will be better for big shifts on tech cameras.

To preserve it's tradition the H6D in respect to the H5D line is an evolution on different fronts

HARDAWARE:
A) The interface, with the replacement of the old firewire with the more modern USB3
B) Audio and mini HDMI to connect to external display, this feature lead to the possibility to implement 4k/8K audio video recording by a firmware upgrade to come...

FIRMWARE:
A) ISO 12800
B) Sync Speed from 1/2000 to 60min

This two feature I think they can spread over the H5D line for christmas 2016 (like Hasselblad done in the past Year)...

It seem they are going little by little filling the gap between phase one, but with this brief note in czech it's difficult to know how much...
anyway Well Done Hasselblad... a little dream come true and now I know what to ask to santa...

Regards, Domenico.

Christopher

And my guess with 34k for the 100MP was spot on. I would not be suprised if phase one released a cheaper IQX 100 with less feutures soon. Wouldn't be the first time.

stngoldberg

I'm trying to confirm that in the power supply section, the additional external socket is for the battery to drive a technical camera.
Does anyone have additional info?

Stanley

Christopher

I'm trying to confirm that in the power supply section, the additional external socket is for the battery to drive a technical camera.
Does anyone have additional info?

Stanley
Nope and what about the lenses ? On their official site it says:

Updated H Series Lenses

To take full advantage of the H6D’s new features, we have also updated our entire range of H series lenses and incorporated a new shutter unit with an extended lifespan and an increased top shutter speed of 1/2000th second, when used with an H6D camera. And of course, having a leaf shutter means that flash sync at all speeds is still possible.
This sounds like the new 1/2000th will not work with the old ones ? No idea yet.

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.

modator

Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
Hi Timothy,
I have the same sensation, the aggressive price policy and now a complete remake of all the lens shutter hardware surely contribute to lower the overall value of the kit...
Anyway it was necessary to raise the level, now the always present discussion about 1/1600 that's better than 1/800 is coming to an end, this new introduction to me seems a good news because for my type of shoot 1/800 is ok, maybe now the used market get more interesting, some one change the body, other lens, and this is a good thing... But at the end I think only few photographer buy this new system, as per my past experience owning the H5D-50c this time I will wait they reduce the prices again and again before thinking to switch to H6D...

This new platform set new performance standard difficult, very difficult to beat now..., I would like to try it before saying more.

Best regards, Domenico.

MrSmith

"now the always present discussion about 1/1600 that's better than 1/800 is coming to an end,”

that’s Doug’s bullet point list buggered then:shocked:

fotografz

Oh Mama.

Good to see Hasselblad back on track.

Dual cards, USB-3, touch screen, and …. 1/2000 sync … whaaaat!

Almost makes me wish I was still in the game … almost, but not quite.:ROTFL:

- Marc

satybhat

It kinda tickles to watch the gear sluts come out. One and all.
Oh, don't bother responding... I'm one of them.
Come on in, the water's just fine !:ROTFL:

rmueller

Ok, not quite an ARRI Alexa65, but well, its a start :thumbs:

What's more interesting is if they offer a shutter upgrade program for existing lenses, the housing and everything seems identical, for the usual 800 EUR i'd consider upgrading the 50 and 100 mm lens, don't need 1/2000th in
all the lenses.

After all this Lunar mess it is good to see Hasselblad cater to their "normal" customers, quite a big step forward
for such a small company, didn't expect such a complete overhaul of the system including lenses, cards, display etc.
I can smell some new gear coming to my house already ;-)

Ralf.

gazwas

Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't!

So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?

Christopher

Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't!

So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?
As I predicted 29K EUR plus VAT so in Germany 34k