The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Teaser

Chipcarterdc

Can you more specifically define what is included in the definition of "Competitor 30MP"?

I am asking because I am wondering whether it includes the Leica S 006.

Hi guys,

With our exclusive H6D trade-in program we are offering a generous allowance for existing Hasselblad users and those wishing to convert from other camera systems.

The trade-in program is valid from 1st April – 30th September 2016.

Please find all the H6D prices here H6D Pricing & Trade-In Program - Hasselblad

// The Hasselblad team

Mjlamott

Can you more specifically define what is included in the definition of "Competitor 30MP"?

I am asking because I am wondering whether it includes the Leica S 006.
I was told by a dealer today that my 645z would count, so I think you'd be in a similar boat.

tjv

I find it hard to believe, reading the official word from Hasselblad below, that they won't introduce an external battery power solution for stand alone use of the back on a technical camera, espeically because i know for a fact they've been working a lot with technical shooters over the last few years to try up their game in this regard.

Proof will be in the pudding though, so I wouldnt' hold my breath...

Yes, the battery is on the body. The back when on a tech cam needs its
own power supply
Stanley

satybhat

Who are the Hasselblad dealers in Melbourne, Australia ?
The website lists CR Kennedy, but they only supply stock to retailers when I checked !!

Thanks

jmosier01

There is not much incentive for Competitor > 30MP. For my Credo 50, my credit is only $8500 ($32,995 - $24,500).

Subrata
I mean this in the nicest possible way. Do they really have to offer anything? Leica doesn't offer a trade-in from another system, nor Canon and Nikon, Fuji, Sony, Pentax and so on. I understand the frustration that we don't get more for the larger backs, but they honestly don't have to offer any trade-ins.

I mean this in the nicest possible way. Do they really have to offer anything? Leica doesn't offer a trade-in from another system, nor Canon and Nikon, Fuji, Sony, Pentax and so on. I understand the frustration that we don't get more for the larger backs, but they honestly don't have to offer any trade-ins.
Let's be clear... I'm not frustrated. You are right, if they don't need my business, they don't have to offer anything. When they are offering upgrade from competitors, they are not simply doing a favor to the owner of the competitor's product, defiantly they need those customers to switch.

M

mjr

This is where a good dealer comes in, my old Leica dealer was absolutely amazing, Leica didn't want to trade my kit but he took it all anyway and sold it on himself and for a great price. Good dealers are always a part of my buying decision, I must say my current Phase One dealer is a lot less dynamic which is quite annoying.

This new Hasselblad looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing some work produced with it, it's not something for me as the whole tech cam side of things seems to be lacking somewhat which is surprising but I guess that will change once they have had time to sort power out, hopefully it won't be too long. For non tech cam users though it looks like a really good upgrade.

I wish them all the best!

Mat

f8orbust

Hasselblad lost me--perhaps permanently--when the slashed the price of the H5D-50c months after I bought it. I have no confidence, at this point, that they know what they are doing. This comes after years of loyalty, owning every H model since the H3 and every single lens in the line. I get it that digital MF equipment has a short life span, but come on... We will see what their trade-up program is, but the value of my kit has already been whacked.
Yeah, that sucks - but I can’t object to price slashing on the basis that some buyers will be pissed. That's always going to be the case, and what's the answer - leave prices high ? Put them up ? The model you have then is the one that P1 use - i.e. the ‘reassuringly expensive’ one where the unit price to the end user never goes down*. The cost of entry to the latest tech in MF has been too high for too long; if HB decide to bring down that cost, I can only applaud them. I’ve been a P1 user all along, but if HB can sort out the external battery issue (which I'm sure they will) with their new back, I’ll be moving over.

Jim

*I say 'unit price to the end user' because I'm sure someone - can't think who - will no doubt chip in and say that P1's price per pixel has never been lower, or that with inflation $44k is less now in 'real terms' than $44k 10 years ago etc. etc. :sleep:

f8orbust

If Phase is nuts then so are all the people who have purchased IQ3 100mp units in the last four months. It's been, by far, our most successful product launch ever.
It seems that every P1 product launch is 'the most successful ever' ... but I wonder, how many of these 'adopters' were new users rather than upgraders ?

Given the (apparent) huge success of everything P1 does I always found it strange their solvency ratio stagnated (31% in 2010, 40% in 2011, 41% in 2012). This flat-lining solvency ratio is what led to the Silverfleet buyout in 2013. Without that buyout, would they still be with us today in their present form ? Unlikely.

The long term success of MF is getting new users in, not just upgraders. From what I've seen of late, HB has a better chance of doing this than P1.

As ever, just my 2c.

Jim

cerett

I totally agree!! I paid $27,000 for my H5D-50C when it was a fairly new camera, but certainly not old enough for a subsequent $10,000+ price cut a year or so later. That really devalued my camera and totally upset me. Redemption will come if Hasselblad comes up with a reasonable upgrade offer. Otherwise, I'm happy with what I have.
Kudos to Hasselblad! My H5D-50C is over two years old and they are allowing 50%+ of the original price I paid as a trade-in toward the H6D-100C. As has been pointed out, you would never see an offer like this from Canon or Nikon, etc. My loyalty to Hasselblad has been sustained. Thank you.