The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H6D-100c and H6D-50c official

jerome_m

There are lot of details, one of the biggest innovation aside from the 100MP back is the fact that all lenses (you have to buy new of course) have now 1/2000 leaf shutter!
You don't have to buy them new. You can have the old lenses upgraded.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I am very happy to hear that Hasselblad has a new and modern CMOS based back. I am not going to buy, unfortunately, as I don't have the funds available and to be honest also not the need. Perhaps there will be a V-series back? In that case I would be a bit interested.

It is nice to see "Blad" to be live and kicking…

Best regards
Erik

hcubell

the trade in offers are very generous, i am upgrading from h4d-50 t0 h6-50
This trade-in program is really interesting. The official list price of the H6D100 is $33,000. Hasselblad is offering to sell the H6D100 for $24,000 with a trade-in of a 9-year old Hasselblad H3D-39. The H3D-39 is probably worth no more than $2,000-$3,000 in the used market and Hasselblad will probably just junk them. So, Hasselblad obviously believes it is a profitable play for it to sell the H6D100 for $24,000. The question then is, how much negotiating room is there on the list price of $33,000 if you are not trading in a camera or back? Another question is how long will it be before Hasselblad slashes the price down to $25,000 or so?

bab

Another question is how long will it be before Hasselblad slashes the price down to $25,000 or so?
It doesn't matter if you could buy it for 25k w/o trade-in your still saving more money with the trade-in. Right?

hcubell

Another question is how long will it be before Hasselblad slashes the price down to $25,000 or so?
It doesn't matter if you could buy it for 25k w/o trade-in your still saving more money with the trade-in. Right?
I don't own an H3D-39. I have an IQ180 that is worth in the range of $15,000. Hasselblad is offering me LESS money in trade than on an H3D-39. Its obvious that anyone with a fairly late model Phase One back that they would be better off selling it and negotiating an all cash deal OR buying a junk H3D-39 to use in a trade.

Nick-T

I'll try and find more detail but my understanding is that they refurbish Hasselblad trades and sell them into educational markets, that might explain the disparity between trades offered for Hasselblad versus other cameras.

jerome_m

As I understand it you will only get 1/2000th with an H6D:

View attachment 117849
That is undisputed. What this table says, however, is that you will get this speed on the H6D with either a new lens or an existing lens with a new shutter. Therefore, you can get a new shutter in an existing lens, i.e. having the old shutter unit in your lens exchanged.

Nick-T

Yes that is correct, bottom line there is little point in upgrading the shutter unless you have an H6D as that will only get you 1/1000th of a second up from 1/800th.

tjv

Nick, do you know of an official external battery solution to be released for technical camera use and if use of it and the flash sync cable will necessitate having the accessory input / output door cover open? Have emailed CRK but not heard back yet.

tcdeveau

Nick, do you know of an official external battery solution to be released for technical camera use and if use of it and the flash sync cable will necessitate having the accessory input / output door cover open? Have emailed CRK but not heard back yet.
A/the Hasselblad representative said in the Hasselblad Teaser thread that their engineers are working on a solution to power the H6D back for tech cam users when asked by a user/forum member that cited the current H4D/H5D battery plate and lack thereof for the H6D. The B&H site says H6D cameras are supposed to be available starting June, so Hasselblad has some time according to that time table to come up with and announce an external power solution for those that wish to use an H6D back on a tech cam before cameras are on the market. Aside from offering stand alone H6D-50c/100c backs, which the representative said Hasselblad will not do for now for "business decision" reasons, I do not think Hasselblad is ignoring tech cam users and an external power solution to power the H6D backs will be forthcoming from Hasselblad.

stngoldberg

I will buy a H6D-100C, if the solution is similar to the one on my H5D50. I want something attached to the camera. The old image bank type solution, which required me to carry a cable and an additional piece of equipment was a PITA.
Stanley