The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More to come From Hasselblad

markymarkrb

Did anyone else see this? This is a copy/paste from sonyalpharumors.com

CEO Perry Oosting hinted at ePhotozine that this isn’t the big camera surprise he was talking in a previous interview. He says:

“The new H6Ds we are launching have the best in class ergonomics in terms of handling, but they aren’t the most portable.. Portability will be key – but how and which ways it will be portable is yet to be announced.”

Any thoughts on this? Please bring us a digital X-PAN!

Nick-T

More portability?

The Hasselblad Lunar II? :ROTFL:

(Sorry couldn't help myself)

Ok, go xpan! :thumbup:
The Lunar jokes are getting pretty old people. Perry has clearly stated that they have moved away from that direction which was a pervious CEO's vision.

To answer the OP yes there is a bunch of stuff coming down the pipeline, Hasselblad have invested a great deal of time and effort in R&D.

I think it's fair to say that they are back in the game.

f8orbust

Nah, that's no fun. I mean, who - outside of photography circles - has even heard of Phase One ? Answer: pretty much no one. Hasselblad - despite the odd cameras it put its name to over the years - still has brand awareness that P1 can only dream about. They just need to leverage it in the right way...

H3dtogo

A great EVF medium format cam! That will be the most important camera to come :) Everybody was waiting for that and hasselblad delivers :)

Jay Emm

>Any thoughts on this? Please bring us a digital X-PAN!

Hearing a "not particularly handsome" X-Pan is on the way, and something from Hasselblad in MF that is more portable, which itself may have competition from a new Fuji MF camera. My source is usually good on this stuff...

MrSmith

Hearing a "not particularly handsome" X-Pan is on the way, and something from Hasselblad in MF that is more portable, which itself may have competition from a new Fuji MF camera. My source is usually good on this stuff...
an idle thought but i wonder if the fuji and HB camera are the same and built on the same chassis with a few subtle differences (like phase/leaf)

markymarkrb

Can you give us any more information? Megapixels for x-pan? Why not so handsome?

ondebanks

Dare I say, anyone's mirrorless MF, with a rangefinder form factor would be quite awesome, making a super sweet field camera.
Yup, because with the ultra-short flange distances of mirrorless cameras, we could use/adapt our existing lenses from any MF SLR system; heck even 35mm lenses if you want to max out the image circle on a bigger sensor and don't mind some vignetting. While the Hartblei B2 and Alpa FPS systems cover this territory to some extent, they're expensive for what they are and a bit bulky. So watch brand loyalty go out the window once the first well-integrated mirrorless CSC from anyone comes to market :watch:

Ray

BANKER1

After Photokina, when Hasselblad introduced the Lunar, I wrote a scathing e-mail to them decrying that fiasco. Also told them I was expecting a medium format rangefinder that would use a medium format sensor and would accept H lenses. At that time, I was prepared to buy one. Evidently, many others did the same, and maybe, just maybe, they listened.

And, by the way, I purchased a Lieca M shortly thereafter and not a Hasselblad.

Greg

JeRuFo

The good news about the partnership is that Hasselblad may have finally see the light and make a digital MF that can be used with legacy glass and can use different brands.

The big question ofcourse is what sensor size will, they use. I'm hoping 6x4,5, but it may well be smaller.
I'm stiĺl dreaming of a 6x7 sensor, but that already seems impossible in a big body. There's so much great glass for 6x7 that is sitting on shelves, rangefinder and normal lenses.

stephengilbert

Is it in Hassy's interest to make a (presumably) less expensive camera to use with its lenses?

I admit to a certain bias, as my preference would be a fixed lens "mirrorless" MF camera.

JeRuFo

Is it in Hassy's interest to make a (presumably) less expensive camera to use with its lenses?

I admit to a certain bias, as my preference would be a fixed lens "mirrorless" MF camera.
I don't think they aim for it to be used with H-lenses, that would be a bit weird (but still wouldn't steal much business from he H6).
A Plaubel-like camera would be great, but would probably be too expensive with an MF sensor. My bet would be that they bring out a small line of lenses (3 or 4) and some adapters. I had hoped P1 would bring back the digital mamiya 7 or 6, but maybe Fuji/Hasselblad will beat them to it. But Fuji has more history with fixed lens rangefinders, so who knows.