The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF direction

BANKER1

Jerome,

My history with MFD dates back to 2007, and I have never used the services of a dealer other than to purchase the cameras and lenses.

Greg

Don Libby

I’m currently on my 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Phase One back upgrading from the original P30+ to my current IQ180. Add into the mix an older Kodak. No issues with any until recently. The IQ180 began acting up to the point I spent several hours on the phone with my dealer as we attempted to figure out the issue. The back had to be sent to the mothership where it’s been for several weeks now with a delivery date back to me within a week or so. That’s the first real problem I’ve had in all the years of owning a digital back.

To be totally honest I also had a slight problem in November last year when a screw came loose on the card cover. I thought I broke it however a quick phone call to my dealer and I found the screw is captive in the hinge that had fallen inside and hidden. I was able to find it, and fix it while on the phone.
Is a dealer absolutely a necessity? Depends on how you shoot, where you shoot and when you shoot. I like the idea of knowing I’ve got a person to contact if and when I need them.

Anything that is made by man (or woman) can and will break eventually. Doesn’t matter how much you spend or where you brought it from and I don’t mean just cameras.

Don