The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Phocus and file creation date in exports

Photon42

Hi all

being somewhat new to Phocus and the CFV50c, it looks like my JPEG exports get their creation date updated to the processing date, which completely irritates me. I tried to find an option to change this (like "raw date" for the file naming template), but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how to preserve the original creation date when exporting JPEGs?

Thanks a lot
Ivo

---
running the latest versions of Phocus and OSX

Nick-T

Hi all

being somewhat new to Phocus and the CFV50c, it looks like my JPEG exports get their creation date updated to the processing date, which completely irritates me. I tried to find an option to change this (like "raw date" for the file naming template), but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how to preserve the original creation date when exporting JPEGs?

Thanks a lot
Ivo

---
running the latest versions of Phocus and OSX
If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the processing date is the date the JPG was created (unless they are created in camera).
What you need to do is save a custom file naming template to include "Raw Date" in the file name, see attached screenshot:

Attachments

Photon42

If I understand you correctly, the issue is that the processing date is the date the JPG was created (unless they are created in camera).
What you need to do is save a custom file naming template to include "Raw Date" in the file name, see attached screenshot:
Hi Nick

thanks for your thoughts. My issue is that Phocus adds the processing date as the image creation date within the EXIF data. I know how to change the file name to preserve the original file date within the file name (using the RAW date option), but the EXIF will still show the processed date as creation date. This is, by the way, not the case with DNG exports. Any other direction you can think of?

Ivo

Hi Nick

thanks for your thoughts. My issue is that Phocus adds the processing date as the image creation date within the EXIF data. I know how to change the file name to preserve the original file date within the file name (using the RAW date option), but the EXIF will still show the processed date as creation date. This is, by the way, not the case with DNG exports. Any other direction you can think of?

Ivo
Hi Ivo,

Thanks for pointing this out. We have noticed our Phocus development team and they will look into this.

// The Hasselblad team

Vinyl_TO

So this is interesting. I just updated Phocus and now all my exports lose their created data metadata. I shoot in camera and use Phocus for the first step of processing, exporting 16 bit tiff files. Now when I import those into light room for final edit and catalog they import automatically into the wrong folder (my export date, not my taken-date). It's not a Lightroom issue, the metadata is being dropped on export from Phocus. I'm running Phocus 3.7.3.

Arjuna

I am on a Mac, running Monterey (macOS 12.6.7), and Phocus 3.7.3 (updated just now). I imported a raw (.3FR) file to Phocus (which converted it to .fff), made some adjustments, and exported it as a tiff. In the macOS Finder, for the .tif file, it shows the (file) created and modified dates as Today, but it shows Content Created date as August 5, 2022, which is when I took the picture. Looking at the file Metadata in Adobe Bridge, the Date Created is August 5, 2022, and the Date File Modified is Today. I believe Phocus 3.7.2 behaved the same way. I don't use Lightroom, but it sounds to me like the Lightroom import is using the File Created date rather than the Content Created date. Probably for most raw files these dates are the same, so the Lightroom import using the, arguably, wrong date is not a problem, but for files that aren't 'raw', like a tiff exported from Phocus, it is a problem.

Has this process worked in the past for you? If so, has the version of Lightroom that you are using changed?