The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New depth of field calculator app

torger

Anders,

I picked up the app a few weeks ago. A lot to like and very well worth the purchase.

One thing that I think would be a nice feature (unless I missed it somehow) is a mode for focus stacking that would reasonably match the XF focus stack app. Would be nice at a certain aperture, far and short distance to know how many shots is required to fully capture the scene. It does not appear that it varies the point of focus based on the distance from the camera but rather divides the range by the number of shots.

Ed
Sounds like a good idea, I don't have access to an XF though so I need to find some docs/video on exactly how it works... anyone that has a link to some info?

M

mjr

Anders, if you are still in Lulea then I am there often and have an XF if you want to see how it works.

Mat

torger

Thanks, I'm still in Luleå but travel around a lot during the summer (I'm not there for the moment), so we'll see if an opportunity turns up.