The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Battery on Hassel Back

rayyen

Does anyone know why Hassel don't make a digital back that can hide the battery inside the back like P1?
The CFV50c looks so classic and looks like a perfect match with V cameras, but the battery design really put me off...

fotophil

I have found that one of advantages of the Hassy 50CFV-50C battery setup is the ability to use oversize batteries. I use the Live View function extensively and have found that the stock battery is depleted rather quickly.

rayyen

I enjoy using waist level finder in the old days, so I guess I won't miss the power consuming live view function :)

fotophil

I shoot the CFV-50C back on a view camera so waist level finder isn’t an option. The Hassy back has no weather sealing so be careful in bad weather,

Photon42

Not nice, I agree. The stock battery is not too large, on the other hand. I got over it, finally, and it does not disturb me anymore.

Ivo

stngoldberg

I also have 5 Sony batteries for the H5D50 back, and as far as I am concerned they are well positioned.
I wonder what the external battery solution will be for the H6D100?
Stanley