The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad SWC series in combination with digital backs

jotloob

Subscriber Member
David

Also , looking at the connectivity diagram , I find it not very clear , that the adapter is screwed on to the DIGITAL BACK .
Some additional words in the diagram , would improve the understanding .

Jürgen

David

Also , looking at the connectivity diagram , I find it not very clear , that the adapter is screwed on to the DIGITAL BACK .
Some additional words in the diagram , would improve the understanding .

Jürgen
I think the connectivity diagrams are being changed soon, so I believe it should be more straight forward.

David

jotloob

Subscriber Member
David

Comparing the connectivity diagrams between the CFV BACK and the CF39-II BACK and also reading the issue shown in this thread , you must admit , that this calls for a second generation CFV BACK (not just a face lift). A CFV BACK with a bigger sensor , but with the same possibility of easy connection to all V-SYSTEM cameras and other brands which can hold a V-SYSTEM adapter .

You can be shure , that there will be many guys out here in this forum as well as in other forums , which would just jump on this "new" back . Not talking about those , who do not participate in any forum .

Regards Jürgen

David

Comparing the connectivity diagrams between the CFV BACK and the CF39-II BACK and also reading the issue shown in this thread , you must admit , that this calls for a second generation CFV BACK (not just a face lift). A CFV BACK with a bigger sensor , but with the same possibility of easy connection to all V-SYSTEM cameras and other brands which can hold a V-SYSTEM adapter .

You can be shure , that there will be many guys out here in this forum as well as in other forums , which would just jump on this "new" back . Not talking about those , who do not participate in any forum .

Regards Jürgen
Its an interesting idea for sure and has been discussed many times. However it is difficult to gauge just how many people would be interested in a product that might economically not work out.

But, as I have heard this a few times of late I will take it back to Denmark.

Best,

David

PeterA

.... However it is difficult to gauge just how many people would be interested in a product that might economically not work out.

But, as I have heard this a few times of late I will take it back to Denmark.

Best,

David

I recently acquired a new CFV11 from Colin down here and I would buy a larger square chip to use on a 200 / 500 system body.

Pete

fotografz

Son, many thanks, appreciated.

A question to all. Could I switch quickly and easily between film and digital capture when using a Phase One P45 V fit digital back on 500 and SWC cameras? The reason I ask is because as I understand it this would be impossible when using the Hasselblad CF digital backs as these rely on adapters having to be screwed onto the camera backs and having to be removed before attaching a film back.

TIA

Keith
Ahhh, NOT correct. The Hasselblad iAdapter fits on the CF and CF-II back NOT the camera ... basically the iAdapter is needed to complete the back. So you can swap back and forth between film and digital at will. One iAdapter allows you to use the 500 camera and the the SWC.

fotografz

The battery on the Hasselblad CFv backs hangs below the bottom of the profile of the standard back area and will therefore foul the tripod coupling without the necessary adaptor;this produces a clumsy shape when you take the digi.
back off to replace it with a film back.i.e. quick storage is an issue.
This is not a problem with Phase One backs;the battery fits within a slightly heavier digital back profile;connection between the back and any 500 series or
SWC variant is through an easy to remove wake up cable connecting to the flash sync. nipple on the lens.
I know this info because I have a loaner P20 back on my 903SWC sitting on my desk at the moment courtesy of a UK Phase one agent.I am planning to replace this with an ex demo P25 shortly,so I am pleased to hear of positive
feedback on the lens quality with other brands of digital backs.
All the best....
Also not quite correct. The L adapter for the SWC clips on and off easily ... same as removing the battery alone. The CF backs do not need any wake up connections.

fotografz

David

Regards Jürgen
Totally agree. I'd be there in a NY Heartbeat even in this crap economy! :thumbs:

KeithL

Ahhh, NOT correct. The Hasselblad iAdapter fits on the CF and CF-II back NOT the camera ... basically the iAdapter is needed to complete the back. So you can swap back and forth between film and digital at will. One iAdapter allows you to use the 500 camera and the the SWC.
Thanks Marc, David also corrected this info earlier today. Good news.