The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm Charger Search

escher

Hi there. New to the site, but I'm running out of resources in finding a charge cable for my Fujifilm DBP digital back.

I've been on the lookout for this digital back for years and jumped at the opportunity to buy one used. I realized it didn't come with a charge cable but thought 'how hard could it be to replace one of those?' The plug in, however, seems fairly specialized. No where can I find a similar plug (picture posted below). I contacted Fuji Japan (as the back was only released there), and have contacted numerous rental houses to no avail.

Can anyone recognize this charge port so I could possibly rig up my own charger or point me in the direction of some helpful resources? I'm getting frustrated because I wanna go out and shoot with this thing!

P1000543.jpgfig_10_01.jpg

The lower picture is the only photo of the charger itself that I've been able to find.

Oren Grad

Probably a long shot, but have you tried contacting Bellamy Hunt (Japan Camera Hunter)? If nothing else, he might have a much better handle on possible Japanese sources for a replacement.

Photon42

That looks pretty special. Round sockets always remind me of DIN audio or Midi connections, but I doubt it will fit in your case. If it would, finding a 6V source should be easier.

MrSmith

i must have a photographic memory:cool: was looking gat some cheap LED panels on amazon and thought the power input looked familiar on these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aputure-AL-528W-Amaran-Digital-Filming/dp/B00GO348ZK/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51vdqXrJ%2BML&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR135%2C135_&refRID=99DPMXWMQ6XGTA37ZF1V

they are 16v so not what you require but that fitting is obviously in use. a competent electronics person should be able to cannibalise a lead to a power supply of the right amps/volts/wattage.