The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo WRS 1000 compared to WRS 1200

yelmarb

I've been told that Cambo stopped making the WRS 1000 a few years ago so I'm struggling to find good information about it. In particular, what are the differences between the 1000 and its replacement, the 1200.

As far as I can make out, the the WRS 1000 has a built-in cold shoe and larger thumb wheels compared to the WRS 1200.

Are there any other differences / improvements that Cambo made on the newer 1200 model?

kdphotography

I don't think you'll find any substantive differences between the WRS cameras---aside from the addition of wooden hand grips. The bigger differences are with the AE and WRS5000 which have the larger thumb wheels and are counter balanced to offset the weight of the MFDB. Aesthetics aside, money is better spent on the MFDB and the lenses. Quality of the camera and the photographic enjoyment is the same. :)

weinlamm

First had the 1000 - and actually the 1250 (changed because of the wooden grips - the standards are very cold for me in winter:shocked:).

I think there are not much differences between the version. But I could remember, that the wheels of the 1000 had a rubber around it. The wheels of the 12xx didn't have this - feels better for me.

But in conclusion - I think they are not really different.