The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One FWUpdater Mac 3.3.1 (or newer?)

chrismuc

My IQ180 worked flawlessly since I updated to FW 5.11.36 but today the back refused to store pictures and hang up (no reaction on touch screen or push buttons, as well on the Contax and the FPS). So I want to update the FW to the last which seams to be FW7.0.1.1.fwr which I downloaded from the P1 website. But the old FWUpdater 3.0 does not support this FW, one needs the version FWUpdater 3.3.1.
Silly question: Where can I find FWUpdater 3.3.1, I can't find it on the P1 website? Or can someone send it to me by email? Thx for the help.

chrismuc

Hi Jim.
Excellent & thx!
Just unfortunately only the win version on his dropbox, but I need the mac version.
All best, Christoph

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Place the firmware file on a CF card, place cf card in the back, select menu > firmware > update.

This skips the desktop firmware updater entirely. :)

chrismuc

Thx Doug,
a minute ago I also found out that now (since when?) installing a new FW via CF-card works with the IQ back like with any Canon or Fuji cam. (I never understood why the old method using the Updater software on the computer and a cable connection between computer and back was required).
Anyhow, the back works again, great :))
Christoph

(on the download site of the FW, still only the usage of the FWUpdate software + cable connection is suggested, no direct update via CF-card is mentioned)

Altdo

The Mac Updater also has all the past firmware available through it.
Just choose File>Download Updates>All Updates

When you plug in your back you can then choose ANY firmware for that hardware from the dropdown menu, or you can go to the location below and see the complete cache of all Firmware Files saved locally on your machine.

/Users/*YOU*/Library/Application Support/Phase One/Firmware Updater

The relevant file, as Doug noted, can then be placed on your CF card if you want to Update via the back.