The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Availability of H6D-100C?

DrakeJ

Any recent update as to when the H6D-100C will be shipping?
I attended a demo a couple (or three) weeks ago where Hasselblad showed the 100c. Ships in december was the word I received back then, but that might be for those who haven't ordered one yet.

I attended a demo a couple (or three) weeks ago where Hasselblad showed the 100c. Ships in december was the word I received back then, but that might be for those who haven't ordered one yet.
uuuh, that late? But if so how does this go with the current trade-in and trade-up promotions which are limited by end of September and October?

DrakeJ

uuuh, that late? But if so how does this go with the current trade-in and trade-up promotions which are limited by end of September and October?
You would have to ask Hasselblad for the practicals, or maybe someone else in the know can chime in.

cerett

Great question for which I have no answer. My dealer keeps saying they will be available in July and he has heard nothing to the contrary from Hasselblad. B&H says end of June but I suspect that the person I spoke with really didn't know or bother to check. I really wish Hassleblad would come out with some kind of formal announcement. Does anyone know the contact information for the Hasselblad regional rep in California?

tjv

Perhaps the delay is in part due to delays in sensor production due to the situation in Japan?

tcdeveau

Hi cerett,
You should be able to find the contact info of your regional rep at the end of the latest CPO list that I just accessed here.

From everything I've read online about the H6D demo sessions, the H6D-100c has been on display only and no one has actually been shooting with one, and all the H6D live shooting demos have been done with the H6D-50c. If this is true, I suspect they may still be tweaking the camera and it may not be ready for shipment regardless of the sensor situation in Japan. I could be completely wrong and shipments may still be scheduled for end of June like B&H says (or July like your dealer says). The trade-in deal they've got with an H6D-50c towards a 100c also makes me think the 100c may not ship until fall or later, but again I could be wrong. I was out of town when my local dealer was supposed to have their H6D demo (I was informed later that the dealer pulled out and it never happened anyway) so I haven't been able to attend a demo myself. I spoke with my rep about it right before launch but I have been out of touch with him since and haven't followed up. Hasselblad official was active on GetDPI around launch time, maybe they could chime in here?
-Todd

Hi cerett,
You should be able to find the contact info of your regional rep at the end of the latest CPO list that I just accessed here.

The trade-in deal they've got with an H6D-50c towards a 100c also makes me think the 100c may not ship until fall or later,
-Todd
I would say, that sounds right.

stngoldberg

I ordered mine as soon as it became available on the condition that the back would have a separate battery similar to the H5D50.
I was told today that I will receive my camera in July with a battery for my technical camera
Stanley

BANKER1

My local dealer invited me to come to the demo session, and I contemplated going until Gina Connor, a Hasselblad representative, indicated to me by e-mail that they would only have a demonstration of the H6D50. My dealer is great, but I live two and one half hours away, so the trip would have been a significant commitment on my part. I am very excited for Hasselblad with the introduction of the H6D100, but their track record of bringing out high megapixel cameras is not stellar (pun intended). However, they work very hard at bringing out the best color the camera is capable of rendering and take their time in getting it right. They seem to care more about the performance of the camera than in making an artificial deadline as much as it distresses their customers. I can just see them in a meeting room where the marketing guys are yelling at the technical staff and the technical staff are yelling at the marketing guys.

Greg

From everything I've read online about the H6D demo sessions, the H6D-100c has been on display only and no one has actually been shooting with one, and all the H6D live shooting demos have been done with the H6D-50c.
I did shoot the 100c on the Hasselblad Light & Byte event in April in Zurich. It was a 100c demo model and the file tethered directly to a Mac with a big EIZO 27 inch monitor. Lighting was pretty bad although the files looked good in my eyes. Off course, they did not let the files out of their hands for closer inspections...

jerome_m

From everything I've read online about the H6D demo sessions, the H6D-100c has been on display only and no one has actually been shooting with one, and all the H6D live shooting demos have been done with the H6D-50c.
I have been to a demo mid may and there was a functional H6D-100c on the table. According to the representative from Hasselblad, the only problem is that Sony could not deliver the sensors.

cerett

I have been to a demo mid may and there was a functional H6D-100c on the table. According to the representative from Hasselblad, the only problem is that Sony could not deliver the sensors.
Yes, that is the problem. If there is going to be a significant delay, I would hope Hasselblad gives us a projected time frame. They initially posted here, but have been silent since. Disappointing.

jerome_m

Yes, that is the problem. If there is going to be a significant delay, I would hope Hasselblad gives us a projected time frame. They initially posted here, but have been silent since. Disappointing.
I am sorry that you don't get the camera you want in the timeframe you want, but may I remind you that the two Kumamoto earthquakes killed at least 49 people and injured about 3,000 others in total. More than 44,000 people have been evacuated from their homes due to the disaster.

I normally cut some slack when corporations are hit by acts of God, but that may be just me.

tcdeveau

I am sorry that you don't get the camera you want in the timeframe you want, but may I remind you that the two Kumamoto earthquakes killed at least 49 people and injured about 3,000 others in total. More than 44,000 people have been evacuated from their homes due to the disaster.

I normally cut some slack when corporations are hit by acts of God, but that may be just me.
FWIW I read cerett's comment as it is the silence by Hasselblad on the forum that is disappointing, not the camera delay. Hasselblad Official posted on GetDPI right at the launch of the camera and I haven't seen many posts from them since.

Glad to hear that some people have shot with the H6D-100c and there are functioning units out there. Hopefully some units start shipping on time and some users (and forum members such as Stanley) get them in their hands so we can see real-world samples, reviews, etc. I guess we'll see what happens next month. I really wish I could take advantage of the trade-in offer they have (and trade in my H4D towards a 100c) but it appears very unlikely at the moment.

cerett

I don't need to be reminded of the reason for the potential delay and really don't appreciate the tone of your response. Enough said.

Nick-T

FWIW I read cerett's comment as it is the silence by Hasselblad on the forum that is disappointing, not the camera delay. Hasselblad Official posted on GetDPI right at the launch of the camera and I haven't seen many posts from them since.
The reason they have been a bit quiet is that they have been very busy working on a thing... I can tell you more in 24hrs.

BANKER1

We all recognize that the question was about the silence of Hasselblad. We all know about and sympathize with the events in Japan, but that had nothing to do with his comments. Your twisting of the direction of his question is unsatisfactory and so disappointing in this friendly forum. Holier-than-thou does not play well here.

Greg