The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Availability of H6D-100C?

jerome_m

We all recognize that the question was about the silence of Hasselblad. We all know about and sympathize with the events in Japan, but that had nothing to do with his comments. Your twisting of the direction of his question is unsatisfactory and so disappointing in this friendly forum. Holier-than-thou does not play well here.
OK. I'll take the comment about the earthquake back. But frankly, what do you expect Hasselblad to do? They are dependent on Sony's progresses in fixing their factory and if you have ever dealt with Japanese manufacturers you will know that one would not get any usable answer when asking "when will production resume?". Conversely, if you have ever dealt with Japanese manufacturers in a problem, you would also know that the staff is probably working days and night to get things going.

Not knowing is frustrating for the user, but there is not much one can do.

Still: the information I gave is: I have seen an H6D-100c and it was a fully functional camera. It appeared to work as well as the H6D-50c which was next to it. So the camera is definitely ready and Hasselblad is awaiting the sensors. Now, when they get the sensors delivered, they will still have to reorganise their production and work down the order backlog, so it will take at least till end of summer for production to meet demand, I would guess.